Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Release Day Review ~ More Than Luck by Casey Cameron

Book: More Than Luck
Author: Casey Cameron
Series: #2 Legendary Pairs

Blurb:


Drey Harper isn't looking for love; he had more than enough heartbreak after a betrayal cost him everything five years ago. Now at 40, he's the art director for the hit collectible card game Legendary Pairs. Between long hours at work and countless anonymous hookups, Drey's life seems pretty full...until the day he meets Lucas Cho.

In the world of Legendary Pairs, 24-year-old Lucas Cho is a superstar. He plays for big money and parties like a rock star, and his arrogant swagger gets him what he wants, at the gaming table or in bed. But when a chance encounter with Drey in a crowded bar leaves him wanting more, all his fortune and skills count for nothing.

The company thinks Lucas's glamorous playboy lifestyle is good for business, but it's going too far--Lucas is spinning out of control, and Drey has been sent to clean up the mess and save Lucas's sponsorship. With a major tournament coming up and Lucas's contract with Legendary Pairs on the line, it's up to Drey to keep him out of the bottle and walking that line.

For Lucas, the stakes have never been higher, but the game he's playing has nothing to do with cards and everything to do with the stoic older man who's captured his attention. Drey knows a relationship between them is out of the question--Lucas is too young, too reckless, too broken--but the more time he spends in Lucas's company, the more he wants what he shouldn't have in this steamy May/December romance.
 




4.5 Stars

Drey is an artist for the card game Legendary Pairs, in San Diego. A shortage of co-workers leaves him with the unwanted task of babysitting Lucas, a professional Legendary Pairs player, while he's in town. Although Drey is attracted to Lucas, at 40 he has no time for the 24-year-old party boy. Can he make it through the next two weeks keeping his sanity intact, as well as his hands off Lucas?



I loved book one in this series Perfect Game, so I was happy when Casey contacted me about this book. I couldn't wait to dig in and I wasn't disappointed. I absolutely loved this story. It's well-written and flows nicely. I wasn't sure what to think of Drey and Lucas at first, but they eventually become likable characters that you can root for. I'm not a fan of age gaps, just ask my co-blogger, she'll confirm this 😉, but it didn't bother me all that much with Drey and Lucas's story. Drey and Lucas had amazing chemistry that exploded when they hit the bedroom. The sex scenes were beyond hot and had me squirming in my seat!!



I adored getting a glimpse of not only Robin and Neil, but some of their other friends and fellow players. I also loved Drey's daughter, Riley. I loved that she was so supportive of her dad being bi and how not only accepting, but encouraging she was of his relationship with Lucas.

This was an enjoyable read that kept me interested and turning the pages. I wanted a resolution, but I didn't want the book to come to an end. The story has a hint of angst, but is also packed with friendship, laughter and lots of love!! I can't wait to too what this series and author had in store for us next!! Highly recommended!!

*Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by the author/publisher for my reading pleasure, a review wasn't a requirement.*





No comments:

Post a Comment