Saturday, March 25, 2017

Release Day Review: Fierce by Rob Rosen (Guest Post)

Release Day Review: Fierce by Rob Rosen (Guest Post)


Fierce by Rob Rosen

Lucas has a typical life -- apart from being abandoned as a baby, raised by wolves, and having super powers. Still, inside, he feels like two people, both vying for control of himself. He’s a superhero and a nerdy college freshman. He’s both feral and tame. He wants to do good in the world and, at the same time, he wants to do nothing. And most of all, he wants to find his birth parents.

In this comedic tale of romance, mystery, and adventure, our hero is joined by his hunky boyfriend, his acerbic boss, an uptight college science professor, and his ex-boyfriend/once crime-fighting partner -- not to mention a whole pack of wolves -- to help foil his nemesis and uncover the secrets of his past to save his future.


Purchase Links: 


5 Stars!

Rob Rosen knows how to write comedy. I have to remember not to read his books late at night in bed because I tend to wake the whole house with my cackling.

Fierce is a story of a Young Nerdy Superhero with amazing abilities and a talent for letting his oversized ego and raging libido get the better of him all while saving the world or at least his small college town in Montana. Finding his birth parents and the truth of his existence is a quest that leads him places he never imagined. Working with his boss Doug, Simon a college professor, his boyfriend Todd and his ex "The Brain" aka Craig, Todd uncovers secrets and some hard truths.

I really don't want to spoil this one for anyone because, honestly, I loved blindly following through the story with Lucas. He's so funny and adorable and definitely not all that bright but it's more endearing than it is annoying. He's just one of those characters you can't help but love and want to succeed, yet at the same time, his mistakes and blunders sometimes are what add the comic relief to the story.

I won't pretend I didn't love Doug, Simon and most definitely, Todd. Like Superman had Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen, Lucas or Fierce has Doug, Todd and Simon. The whole cast of characters bring this story to life and make it hard to put down. That combined with Rob's amazing ability to tell a wonderful and unique story make this a MUST READ!

Highly Recommendable!

***Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by the author/publisher for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.***




I’ve written romantic-comedy novels about zombies and werewolves, vampires and any number of assorted bad-ass drag queens, but for my 11th novel, Fierce, I decided to touch on the superhero genre, only with a decidedly different twist. Lucas, my novel’s hero, has major super powers, powers that he wants to use to do good in the world. He’s tall and handsome, and has one hell of an awesome crime-fighting costume. On the surface of things, he’s your standard superhero. This book veers into newer territory in that Lucas must face the realities of actual life. And so here’s what Fierce has to say about himself:

Hello, I’m Fierce. I was raised by wolves. I have super powers—like, seriously, super. I mean, I can’t leap over tall buildings in a single bound, but I can see farther, run faster, and smell and hear better than anyone else on planet. FYI, I adore being super. I live to do good things for humanity. Also FYI, I love the press, love being on the news, love being, you know, revered. Third FYI, yes, superhero, at least in my case, equates to superego. Oh well. In any case, like I said, I’m a superhero and proud of it. Still, when I landed this job, I thought I’d save some lives, put the bad guys behind bars, and make the streets a little safer. But life, I was quick to find out, even superhero life, isn’t so black and white. I mean, to do good, I sometimes have to do bad. To put the criminal away, I might have to hurt people, even innocent people. Plus, what if I have to kill the bad guy? What if I have to put someone I know in jail? What if my powers are actually meant do evil things? Tack on trying to protect the world and my family at the same time, all while going to college, leaving home for the first time, trying to find love as I try and find myself, and you can see why my life is so utterly grey these days. FYI—last one, promise—I’d sure like a little black or white again. Just saying.

Enjoy!

Rob Rosen
www.therobrosen.com
Author of the award-winning novels Sparkle: The Queerest Book You’ll Ever Love, Divas Las Vegas, Hot Lava, Southern Fried, Queerwolf, Vamp, Queens of the Apocalypse, Creature Comfort, FateMidlife Crisis, and Fierce, and editor of the anthologies Lust in Time, Men of the Manor, Best Gay Erotica 2015, and Best Gay Erotica of the Year, Volumes 1 and 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment