Monday, March 13, 2017

Release Day Review ~ Behind His Lens by Beth Michele


Genre: M/M Erotic Romance – Novella
Cover Designer: Letitia Hasser, RBA Designs

Synopsis:

Sometimes life throws us curve balls.    
Jake Donovan was mine.
It was supposed to be a one-time thing. A birthday gift for sexy Willow.
He wasn’t supposed to have this effect on me.
But he did.
He wasn't supposed to consume me.
But he did.
He wasn't supposed to touch me in places no other man had before.
But he did.

And I wanted him to do it again. 


**This is a fast-paced, fun, and dirty M/M Novella** 


BUY LINKS:

Apple
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Amazon AU
Amazon CA
Kobo





4.5 Stars!!!

Behind His Lens is a short, well-written and very steamy novella that confirms that Beth Michele is a force to be reckoned with when writing MM. I loved all the characters, even Willow, which is saying something in stories like this one. There's no cheating, despite what might seem like, and the chemistry between the characters made me fear my kindle was about to go up in flames with how hot the sex scenes were and even if there's a bit of MF, it didn't detract the attention from the main couple. I was left wanting more of these characters, but I was satisfied with what I got if that makes any sense at all. Trust me, you don't want to miss out on reading this book!

Highly recommendable!!!

*** Copy provided by the author for my reading pleasure, a review wasn't a requirement. ***



4 Stars! 

A lovely, sexy little read from this author, whose MM tales I love.

BM became an autobuy for me with her first novel, Chasing The High, which was romantic and sweet and a lovely, feelgood tale.

With this, she gives us a VERY different type of tale, which is no less lovely or believable (loved the ending, and I hope that there'll be more of these guys to come - I'd take more any way she'll offer them up), but readers of MM who don't love MF, should be aware that there's a couple of MF scenes that are necessary to the tale, as one lead ends up in the other's life because of something to do with a request/fantasy by his girlfriend. I don't love MM and BM was the tiniest bit concerned when she asked me if I'd like a copy of her book, but I had absolutely no issues with it at all. They were simply there to set the scene for the leads, and there is *no* cheating in this.

It's a very contemp tale, very up-to-the-minute and it worked in every way. It's not too heavy on the emotional stuff or the hangups stuff, but it's done with good believability factor and with a lot of heart. There's also the tiniest bit of the unexpected with it, as the blurb kind of leads you to think one thing, and the book delivers another - which is nothing but a lovely surprise.

ARC courtesy of Beth Michele for my reading pleasure.



No comments:

Post a Comment