Monday, December 10, 2018

Book Review ~ Beautiful Dreamer by Christina Lee

Book Review ~ Beautiful Dreamer by Christina Lee

Amazon link (KU): https://amzn.to/2RBf6eP
Universal link: mybook.to/BeautifulDreamer

BLURB: 
Garrett Coleman spent most of his adolescence crushing on Finn Sweeney—until that Ultimate Dream Guy image got obliterated during senior year. Garrett’s since gone out of his way to avoid the sexy ginger, instead throwing his energy behind his dance career while supporting his mother through her cancer diagnosis.
Finn Sweeney used to think of Garrett as just his kid brother’s best friend, but after an intense exchange at a high school party, things got a little…weird. Despite that, when their two families decide to get together for the holidays for the first time in years, Finn can’t say no. But he’s fully prepared for this to be awkward as hell.
When Finn and Garrett lay eyes on each other for the first time in their adult lives, all bets are off. Finn is completely captivated by Garrett and getting to know the man he’s become is now his top priority. Playing catch-up with Finn makes Garrett truly see him beyond the childhood fantasy he’s held onto all these years. Finn is real and vulnerable…and hot as hell.
Garrett and Finn can’t seem to keep their hands off each other, so they decide to bury the hatchet between them for the remainder of the visit.
After all, it’s only a holiday fling.
Until it becomes something more.
 

❤️ Cover Art by Kelley York at X-Potion Designs

❤️ Add it to your Goodreads TBR: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/43090171




4 Stars!

So, I'm going to be perfectly honest here. During the first half of this book, I wasn't too sure it was going to be a good fit for me. I'm not overly fond of the MCs having sex with others in a book, realistic as it might be, I'm kind of possessive of them and only want them to be with the other MC. Plus, even if there weren't any deep feelings between Finn and Blair, they still had been together for a long time, open relationship or not, so I wasn't too sure about Finn jumping into a relationship with Garrett so soon after Blair left. Never mind that Garrett's reason to be angry with Finn for six years didn't quite work for me, but that's neither here nor there, I guess.

But then we got to the second half and Garrett finally realized the error of his ways and Finn told Garrett he was seeing him in another light now that they were older and it was like a switch turned on for me and I fell in love with these guys and their love story. They not only had a lot of chemistry, but they'd known each other and their families, their whole lives and that gave their relationship a little extra something special.

I loved their families being so supportive and cool and overall amazing, too. And while I wasn't all that happy with the addition of Blair, Finn's friend-with-benefits, he was kind of entertaining.

So, yeah, if you're like me and don't like your MCs with anyone other than the other MC, you might want to skim through the first half a bit, but I promise it does get much better and you don't want to miss out on Garrett and Finn's HEA. Plus, Ms. Lee is a very gifted author and pretty much everything she writes is great, so just pick it up, I'm sure you won't regret it.

*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure, a review wasn't a requirement. ***



4.5 Stars

This is a really cute book focused around the holidays Christmas and family and second chances.

Garrett and Finn were both cute characters. Garrett is a dancer who has been focused on his family and helping his mom through her medical issues. Finn is his best friend Rory’s older brother. Garrett and Finn have some serious past baggage that comes to light when both their families go on a Christmas vacation together. The two guys finally figure out their issues, learn to behave around each other again, trying to move past the hurt and the anger of the past. I loved the present that Finn comes up with, it was really sweet and thoughtful. Finn’s “friend” Blair was a fun minor character in this book, too.

I really did like this one though, totally plan to re-read it in the future and I am really not a big holiday book person so that’s saying something.

*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure, a review wasn't a requirement. ***


4.5 Stars

Beautiful Dreamer is a sweet story of two men finding their way to each other during a family Christmas vacation. I knew as soon as I read the blurb that I was going to love Finn and Garrett’s story.

Garrett has had a crush on Finn since his childhood and has carried a grudge against him since he was 18, when Finn embarrassed him at a party. He is a strong character and I related to him being able to hold a grudge for years.

Finn is an amusing character with the way he comes to realize that what he feels for Garrett isn’t typical of just being the older brother of Garrett’s best friend. 

I love how over the course of a week Christina Lee had them slowly finding not only themselves but each other. Her writing had me feeling all the same feels as the boys.

This was my second book by Christina and I have to say I liked it a bit more the Last Call.

*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure, a review wasn't a requirement. *** 

No comments:

Post a Comment