Friday, June 30, 2017

Guest Post ~ Texting, Autocorrect And A Prius


Blurb:

Clay McDonald finds the perfect car on Craigslist and is quick to send the seller a text: 


Is your penis still for sale? 

AutoCorrect strikes again. Damn—he should’ve proofread. How embarrassing.

Luckily Darrell Anderson, a mechanic and the owner of the Prius, is more amused than offended, and the two men agree to meet. When they do, the attraction is instant, and a date is arranged. But a series of mishaps, misunderstandings, and misplaced assumptions sorely test the new relationship. 

In a contemporary romantic comedy about the perils of technology and dating in the modern world, a text that went so wrong might just lead to something so right—but only if Clay can refrain from jumping to conclusions and give love the benefit of the doubt.





5 Things you didn't know about Texting, AutoCorrect, and a Prius

Hey everyone! I’m M. A. Church, and I’m here to talk about my latest release, Texting AutoCorrect, and a Prius.
The idea for the story came from a FB meme I just happened to run across one evening. After I stopped laughing, a short story started to form in my mind. Here are some interesting things y’all might not know about this novella!

1. The refinery mentioned in the story is real. The name has changed over the years, but it’s been there for a long time. My dad worked in this industry and was a terminal manager. Once he retired, he opened his own gauging business. Valero was one of the places he used to go. (Back then it was named Mapco.)
My hubby works at Valero too and has for last twenty-one years.  

2. While the story was in the final stages of edits, my hubby bought a truck. Six weeks after he got it, someone hit the thing in the parking lot at the refinery. He was provided a rental, of course, and the first thing he asked for was a Prius, lol. The reason? They get awesome gas mileage. We live about thirty to forty minutes away from his job. (He didn’t get one.)

3. My daughter and I went to GRL last year. On the way home, we stopped to get gas and a silver/gray Prius ended up next to us. Since I already had the story roughly plotted, I took a good long look at the car. The guy who owned it, once he figured out I wasn’t some sort of weird stalker, was very helpful in answering my questions about the vehicle. That’s why the car is the color it is in the book.

4.  In the story Darrell owns an older model Corvette. My hubby swore he’d have one by the time he was fifty. So, when it came time to get me a new car, I actually drove several older model Corvettes.
Poor guy. He still doesn’t have a ‘Vett. ;) They may be nice and all, but yeah. It’s like sitting on the ground, lol.

5.   I text a lot, especially with the kids. They use the lingo, so I learned it a long time ago. *snort* The hubby does not text. After a couple of times of having to translate what I texted him, I gave up. Now I call.




No comments:

Post a Comment