Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Release Day Review: Better Be Sure (Harrison Campus, Book 1) by Andy Gallo




Title: Better Be Sure

Series: Harrison Campus: Book 1
Author: Andy Gallo
Release Date: March 26, 2019
Category: Contemporary, New Adult
Pages: 206



When the stakes are this high, you better be sure you can win.

Jackson Murphy lost his parents to a boating accident, but they’re never far from his thoughts. He attends the same university as his parents, joined the same fraternity as his dad, and even lives in his father’s old room, along with his adopted brother, Marcus. Life brightens when he meets the man of his dreams.

Edward Knowles trades full-time college for working during the day and community college at night when his father’s factory closes. He intends to stay deep in the closet to keep his job in heating and cooling. But Jack pushes all his buttons.

Jack’s college rival challenges him to bring a date to the upcoming dance. He goads Jack into accepting even though failure means he and Marcus will lose their room and Jack must leave the fraternity.

Jack is falling hard for Ed, but Ed will never agree to go the dance. Ed—not knowing the stakes of the wager—has also made it clear that Jack taking another man will end their romance.

With pressure from friends and enemies alike, will Jack hold on to his legacy… or his heart?





3 Stars!


It basically started as a bet. Well sort of, kind of, it’s not what your thinking.

Jackson is part of the same fraternity his dad was in, he’s living in his old room. He feels like he has a connection to him living here, especially since he’s there with his adopted brother and best friend Marcus. Life is pretty good on campus but of course, if he had a guy it would be better. Now with the Fraternity’s big formal coming up, Jackson is forced to agree to a bet with his arch-rival, he needs to bring a date or he’ll be forced to leave his room and the fraternity for good.

Meeting Ed was like fate, well that is if he’s gay. Ed isn’t just hot, he’s also funny and smart. Jack can’t help but fall for Ed. Now, how is Jack going to get him to agree to attend his Formal? Will he lose the bet and be forced to leave the Fraternity?

I’m kind of torn with this one because I really wanted to love it but while I liked some parts, others I just didn’t care for. I wanted to love the characters but I never truly got there. Jack was likable but I often found him to be a bit too immature. I felt awful about him losing his parents but there were times I felt like it was a tiny bit overdone (don’t hate me 😢). Ed was very likable, too, but I didn’t feel like he was easy to connect to. Something was just missing.

Overall, it was all just okay to me but I feel that it definitely could potentially be better. I figure this is the first book in the series so it will probably get better as it goes on. I think the author is talented and I will probably be grabbing the next book when it comes out.

*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by Dreamspinner Press for my reading pleasure, a review wasn't a requirement. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment