Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Release Review: Temporary by Sarina Bowen & Sarah Mayberry



TEMPORARY 
BY SARINA BOWEN & SARAH MAYBERRY



The first time I lay eyes on Callan Walker, I know he’ll be trouble. With his smug grin, hot Aussie accent and thousand dollar shoes, he’s just the kind of rich guy who always gets what he wants.

And he wants two things: a night of sin, and my cooperation as he outmaneuvers his powerful mother to take control of his uncle’s estate.

I can’t afford either one. I’m the only thing standing between my little sister and the foster care system. He may have money and charm on his side, but I have something even more powerful -- pure desperation. This temp job at his mother’s company can become a full time job for me. It has to.

But when Callan’s eyes rake over my body, sometimes I forget my obligations. His piercing gaze finds the fun, optimistic girl I used to be and not the tired person I’ve become.

And it works--if only for a moment. Our night together was a mistake. I can't afford to get sucked into his high-powered family’s treachery. But the closer I get to Callan, the more layers I find beneath those expensive clothes. Though I can’t forget this is temporary. He’s temporary. I have too much to lose.

Too bad my foolish heart didn’t get the memo...



Available at: Amazon | iBooks | Kobo | Barnes & Noble



4.5 Stars!!!

Grace is a temp at Walker Holdings, hoping that she'd get the chance to make that job a permanent one if she proves herself to her boss so she can provide a better life for both her and her 15-year-old sister, Olivia, so when she gets offered the chance to do an inventory of Jack Walker's estate, she jumps at the chance. What she didn't expect was to find Callan Walker at Jack's place when she gets there.

Callan is a playboy through and through, but if there's one person he's ever loved and respected, it's his uncle Jack. When he learns of his death, he's devastated, and when he finds out that his mother is planning to sell off everything Jack owned based on a 30-year-old will, he's determined to find a more recent one, the one Jack told him he would draw up a few years ago.

Grace isn't too happy that Callan is determined to 'help' her with the inventory, but since the boss lady (Vicky) says he can work under Grace, there isn't much Grace can do about it. Callan is too handsome and charming for his own good (or Grace's), though, and soon she's fighting the attraction that blooms between her and the Aussie. 

I loved Grace, she was a great female lead. She was sweet and fun and responsible. I really enjoyed her interactions with both her best friend and her sister. I liked Callan, but there were a few instances in which I wanted to slap the selfishness out of him. The chemistry between Callan and Grace was off the charts and the sex scenes were hot, although I felt as if something was missing, perhaps a bit more detail.

I hated Callan's mother, she was a despicable woman and not worthy of the title. I am ambivalent about Claire, Callan's sister, but I hope we'll learn more about her in the next book, especially after that little bomb at the end of this book. I liked Olivia, Grace's sister, she was a typical teenager, but even if there were times in which I'd have liked to shake her a bit, she seemed like a nice girl and she provided some very funny moments.

As collaborations go, this was seamless. Sarina Bowen and Sarah Mayberry did a fantastic job and the book was fun and engaging and intriguing, with just a bit of angst thrown in for good measure. Recommendable! 

*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure, a review wasn't a requirement. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment