Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Release Day Review ~ Tufted & Tatted by Jacques N. Hoff

Release Day Review ~ Tufted & Tatted by Jacques N. Hoff


Title: Tufted & Tatted

Series: Peckers: Book Four

Author: Jacques N. Hoff
Release Date: September 13, 2017
Category: Paranormal: Werewolves/Shifters, Humor
Pages: 82

Freed from the Australian zoo where he was the subject of forced breeding experiments, Atticus makes his way to the tufted puffin grounds in California, only to find he may not be free after all. Atty is a loner, but he doesn’t want to fight the pull of a flighty surfer who gives his inked skin a pleasant, uncontrollable itch.
Scott has the sun on his face, the waves beneath him, and gratitude for every second of life he gets to embrace. Then Atty appears, and it’s like the universe has tuned his meditation bell to the perfect frequency.
The Tiki Pro surfing competition in Florida is calling to Scott, and Atty agrees to make sure Scott gets there safely. A cross-country road trip in the Hunny Wagon seems like a perfect way to live in the present and get tantric all at the same time.
But they aren’t making this trek alone.





3 Stars

This is my first book in this particular series and I have to say, I'm not sure it's for me. I'm a huge fan of paranormal and shifter stories. I'm always on the hunt for a great Shifter story and tales of True Mates. However, I'm a person that really needs World building. I need to know the ins and outs, the how's and whys of things. I didn't get that here. I felt kind of lost in this particular world of bird shifters.

With everything moving so quickly I didn't have a chance to really grasp the characters and I found them not very likable. It wasn't so much that they were bad or written poorly but mainly that I just felt in different to them. Atticus pretty much rubbed me the wrong way right from the start, while Scott had potential.

There was humor, which, of course, was the best part of the story. I had more than one laugh out loud moment. But overall, I just had a lot of questions about other characters, the world they lived in and what it all was ultimately about. I probably wouldn't recommend this one but it might just be me.

***Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by Dreamspinner Press for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.
***





No comments:

Post a Comment