Friday, September 29, 2017

Amazon Review Tour: Rough and Rich by Hayley Faiman

Title: Rough and Rich
Series: Notorious Devils #6
Author: Hayley Faiman
Genre: MC Romance
Release Date: September 25, 2017

Imogen Caroline Stewart-Huntington hasn’t always been a rich bitch, her sunshine blotted out by her husband’s need to soar.
Sloane McKinley Huntington III hasn’t always been a Devil, but the brotherhood was his ride to the next best high—a vice he couldn’t shake, until he didn’t have a choice.
Now, three years sober, he sees with clear eyes. Free from the shackles of prison, all he wants is a second chance, his sights set on one woman—his wife.
Imogen knows that money can’t buy love—but when the rough man who stole her heart barges back into her life, she can’t help but question if perhaps forgiveness will.


4 Stars!

I guess I'm just going to have to live with the fact that I have a strong "Love/Hate" relationship with this series. I love how well written these books are, the author is extremely talented. The hate though, God, do I hate the men in this series. They are class A douche-nozzles. I wanted to throat punch Mad Dog in his story, I wanted to hammerfist Torch in the throat then Axe Kick him two or three times for good measure in his and Cleo's book. But Soar, well Soar is not even worth the energy it would take to be violent with him. I don't think he's a despicable human being, however, he's a loathsome husband and partner.

I don't think Soar deserved a second, third, or a hundredth chance with Genny. He did her so wrong, dirty wrong. I hate that she put up with it, I hate that she took him back and I absolutely cannot stand that she even entertained the fact that she was at fault for a lot of it.

Soar cheating on her the way he did wasn't even the part I hated so much. It was the fact that he enjoyed doing it, he enjoyed chasing the high of being caught and then being able to manipulate Imogen/Genny into forgiving him and not leaving him. He does it over and over and he admits he loves the high it gives him. He sleeps with too many women to count but he demands she never allow another man to touch her (even when he's not with her). He's an abuser, plain and simple and I do not forgive that.

Now having said that, I get it. He came from crap, Rich crap, but crap all the same. His life growing up impacted him in awful ways. I get he wants to be good, he wants to be better. But truth be told, if I was Imogen it would've been way too late. Maybe he can be good to someone else, maybe he can't. However, I would not let him anywhere near my bed again.

I don't know what to say about this book, I wish I had the right words. I wish I could make it clear that I liked Soar, I loved Imogen, they had tons of sexual chemistry but as a couple, I couldn't stand them for the majority of it. The people they were when they were together sucked. It doesn't end that way but it seemed a horribly long road to happiness.

***Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by the author/publisher for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.***




32 years young... born and raised in California, did a stint in Oregon only to return to the Golden State. Lived that life a while until the Lone Star State called to us, Hill Country, Texas is where we call home, where our boots rest and loving that country life. Living the life with one bearded power pole climbing husband, two little boys that are full of energy and drive us crazy plus a chocolate lab named Optimus Prime.

HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment