Monday, December 26, 2016

Release Day Review ~ Switched by N.R. Walker ~ (5+++ Star Review)

Release Day Review ~ Switched by N.R. Walker ~ (5+++ Star Review)

Title: Switched
Author: N.R. Walker
Release Date: December 26, 2016




Blurb:



Israel Ingham’s life has never been easy. He grew up in a house devoid of love and warmth. Nothing he ever did was good enough. The fact Israel is gay just added to the long list of his father’s disappointments.

Then a letter from Eastport Children’s Hospital changes everything.

A discovery is made, one of gross human error. Twenty-six years ago two baby boys were switched at birth and sent home with the wrong families.

Sam, Israel’s best friend, has been his only source of love and support. With Sam beside him every step of the way, Israel decides to meet his birth mother and her son, the man who lived the life Israel should have.

Israel and Sam become closer than ever, amidst the tumultuous emotions of meeting his birth family, and Sam finds himself questioning his feelings toward his best friend. As Israel embraces new possibilities, he needs to dissect his painful relationship with his parents in order to salvage what’s left.

Because sometimes it takes proof you’re not actually family to become one.




5 +++ Stars!!!

*Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by the author/publisher for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.*

I LOVED this book. I absolutely love a good friends to lovers and this one was outstanding!! Once I started, I literally didn't stop until I was done. Ms. Walker drew me in from the first word and never let go. Not only did I not want to put the book down, I also didn't want it to end. I adored both Israel and Sam. They were both lovable characters. They fit together perfectly. I adored the natural easiness of their friendship and that friendship made them work that much better, once they finally moved on to being lovers. But be prepared, this was a slow burn. The UST was so thick you could cut it with a knife, but once it finally happens, it's explosive and electric. The author kept me sexually frustrated for quite some time, but once we get there, well, let's just say, she made all my waiting and squirming well worth it. These two men were beyond hot together. The chemistry between them was undeniable and it bled through onto the pages of this book. The sex was hot and passionate, yet loving and tender.

I not only loved the characters and their story, but the "switched" storyline was absolutely fascinating to read about. I can't imagine what my reaction would be if someone told me my parents really weren't my parents or my children weren't really my children. It has to be devastating. I loved the message in the story, that you don't have to share DNA to be family. This is so true. I have friends that I am closer to than my own family.

I don't have a whole lot more to say. Sometimes you read a book and you just don't have the words in you to do the book justice. This is the case for Switched. It was a captivating read, filled with heartbreak, sweetness, family, love and smoking hot sex. Go one click it, you won't regret it. Then again, I've never found a book yet from N.r. Walker that I've regretted. Highly recommended!!




1 comment: