Saturday, September 10, 2016

A Little About Us...



So you all get to know the Bayou Book Junkie team, we thought it’d be a good idea to introduce ourselves:

First off, meet our founder, Tracy:

Hi, I'm Tracy!

Tell us a bit about yourself: I work at a law firm in New Orleans. I have two grown kids, so my baby is my dog, Abby. I started reading MM in early 2014. My first MM was Try by Ella Frank, and it didn't take long to move exclusively to this genre. Besides Reading, I love hanging out with my friends. I'm not much of a tv person, but I'm a huge music lover. It's hard to pick between reading a good book and listening to a great song sometimes.

What do you prefer to read? My favorite types of books or sub-genre is contemporary romance. I'm a tame kinda girl, I don't care for BDSM, ménage or spanking. I'm also not really big on age gaps either, and I'm not a big paranormal fan. I love a good friends to lovers book, but I really love dark reads, broken characters who believe they don't deserve love, but manage to find it in the end. I also am a biography/memoir buff. That used to be all I read at one time, and it was the first place in the bookstore I headed. I have recently discovered a couple of really good LGBT memoirs, and have added a ton to my Amazon wish list. I'm gonna be really broke soon! lol

What are some of your favorite books? 


Clean by Mia Kerick
A Forced Silence by Cate Ashwood
Trailer Trash by Marie Sexton
The Temptations Series by Ella Frank
Starfish and Coffee by Kele Moon
Christmas Kitsch by Amy Lane
The Boyfriend Chronicles by River Jaymes
Stay With Me by S.E. Harmon
Moments In Time series by Karen Stivali
Smoking Mountain Dreams by Leta Blake
500 Miles by Parker Williams
Wild Animals I Have Known: Polk Street Diaries and After by Kevin Bentley (this is one of the LGBT memoirs I mentioned above)
Last Mecanic Standing by L.A. Witt

My auto buy authors are: Kindle Alexander, NR Walker, Lane Hayes, Felice Stevens, Christina Lee, Riley Hart, Ann Lister, AM Arthur, Nicola Haken, Maris Black, Jay Northcote, Melissa Collins. And not MM, or even romance, but anything by John Grisham.



Next meet our new co-blogger, Jaymie:

Tell us a bit about yourself:
 I've been a voracious reader my entire life. From a young age, I was always found with a book in my hand and these days nothing has changed, other than the types of books I enjoy. I'm definitely a romantic at heart and love to immerse myself in a great love story, one that burrows inside of me and doesn't let go. The best thing I've ever done has been instilling that same love for books in my daughter.

What do you prefer to read? when reading MM, my favorite is Paranormal and GFY, but when it comes down to it, I love Contemporary MM Romance and will read just about anything.

What are some of your favorite books? 
Broken by Nicola Haken, A Matter of Time by Mary Calmes, Love and Fidelity by Tere Micheals, Let Love In by Melissa Collins and Strength of the Pack by Kendall McKenna, but that's just a start.

Favorite Authors: Amy Lane, Mary Calmes Sloane Kennedy, Cardeno C.

When it comes to MF: I love Motorcycle Club Romance and Rockstar Romance.

Favorite Authors: Kristen Ashley, Lauren Dane and Madeline Sheehan and Joanna Wylde, to name a few.

Favorite Books: Anything by Kristen Ashley, Undeniable and Laid Bare.


The latest additions to our team are our reviewers Heather and Kim:

Name: 
Heather

About Me: I'm a middle age single woman living in Ohio. I have two children, a 22-year-old son and an 18-year-old daughter. I love to laugh, am fluent in sarcasm and am an introvert. My hobbies include: reading, reading and more reading :) I read a lot, at least one book a day and love to reread my favorites.

Reading Preference: I read about 98% M/M contemporary books but still try to keep up with a few female authors. I've only been reading MM books for a year now. I think I can be picky in my reading selections. I'm not a fan of paranormal, historical, shifters, mpreg, cheating or angsty books. I find real life provides me with plenty of angst, I read to escape! Probably how I'm unusual in my reading is that I will reread books I love multiple times or maybe that's not unusual!

Favorite Books and Authors: Honestly, I hate this question :) I'm always afraid I'm going to leave someone out of my list. I have two books that are special to me: Crossroads by Riley Hart and Rescued by Felice Stevens. Crossroads is the first MM book I read and Rescued was my second. I've reread these books many, many times! Some of my autobuy authors are: Riley Hart, Felice Stevens, Aimee Nicole Walker, Sloane Kennedy, Luna David, Annabella Michaels, and Alexa Land. But the more I read, the more favorites I'm finding!


Name: Kim

About Me: I've been married 35 years, I have 4 sons, 6 grandsons & 4 granddaughters. I love to garden, read & relax.  Bring on a good thunderstorm and I will be outside watching it, Mother Nature is amazing. I prefer MM lately, but can read anything. I don't feel I have a hard limit to the subject matter as long as I am prepared that something is going to happen, while either reading the blurb or the fine print.

Favorite authors and books: Oh my - Anything by Sandrine Gasq-Dion (if I would meet her, I would probably squeal like a little girl). The Thirds Series by Charlie Cochet, Felice Stevens, Aimee Nicole Walker, Tangled Series by Emma Chase, Nicole Edwards, Rachel Van Dyken & Sloane Kennedy. Seriously this list would take up this page and more.


And lastly, we have me, Mari! Hi everyone! I’m a Guatemalan lawyer, mother of two adorable young girls who just turned 21-years-old and a cute kitten that I adore to death.

What do you prefer to read? I read just about a little bit of anything, so long as the blurb appeals to me, I’ll give it a try. I read MM primarily, with a few MF books thrown in. I absolutely love GFY and Enemies-to-Lovers, historical and contemporary. I have to admit I am a bit of an angst-whore, but I need the HEA or at least the HFN, if I’m going to cry, I need to make sure it was worth it.

What are some of your favorite books and authors? Some of my favorite MM books are Broken and Counting Daisies by Nicola Haken, Smoky Mountain Dreams and the Will & Patrick Get Married series by Leta Blake, Gay Amish series and Valor on the Move by Keira Andrews, Double Full and Always by Kindle Alexander, Temptation Series by Ella Frank, the Red Dirt Heart series by N.R. Walker. Also: Brad’s Bachelor Party by River Jaymes, Blame it on the Mistletoe and Second Harvest by Eli Easton.

Some of my favorite MM authors are: Nicola Haken, Leta Blake, Keira Andrews, N.R. Walker, Cardeno C., Riley Hart, Felice Stevens, Ella Frank and Christina Lee.

1 comment: