Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Release Day Reviews: Inked Music by Sean Michael

Title: Inked Music
Author: Sean Michael
Release Date: April 9, 2019
Category: BDSM, Contemporary
Pages: 193



Can a wealthy but bored businessman rescue a tortured musician from his self-imposed purgatory with a scorching kinky romance?

When Rene Conette attends an intimate performance at a local bar, the guitarist moves him enough that he attempts to go backstage but is stymied by the man’s bodyguard. Putting it down as not meant to be, he goes on with his life only to run into the man again, late at night at a bookstore.

Gavin Turner used to be a famous musician until an obsessed fan kidnapped and tortured him. Then it came out that he was into the BDSM lifestyle, and the court of public opinion ravaged him. He lost his Master and his self-confidence. Now he hides behind his ink and his bodyguards, who make sure he doesn’t come into contact with anyone or anything he doesn’t want to. Though it’s been years since he satisfied his needs, he doesn’t think he can trust again.

If Rene can work his way past Gavin’s defenses, they might find they complement each other perfectly.



4 Stars

I have read a few of Sean Michael’s works and I have to say this is one of my favorites of the bunch. It is sweet, and sexy, and Hot! Hot! Hot! I have read so many kink books over the last few months and as much as I liked them, Sean’s way of describing everything and the variety of kink is why I will keep coming back for more.

Rene and Gavin were so good together; I wasn’t sure at first how well they would fit, but within the first few chapters I was convinced that Rene was just what Gavin needed in order to get to the point in his healing that he could feel like himself again.

As separate characters, I wasn’t that attached to Rene since I felt like there was something missing but once Gavin came into the picture I could see where the missing development came in.

Because of the way the music is described in this book, all I wanted was to have a soundtrack to listen to as I read.

I have to say I hope there will be more of these because I really want the two bodyguards’ stories.

*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by Dreamspinner Press for my reading pleasure, a review wasn't a requirement. ***

3.5 Stars!

Rene attends a performance at a local bar and is entranced by the singer, who comes and goes without introduction. When he tries to meet the guy, a bodyguard interferes. Trying to get to contact the singer through the bar owner gets him nowhere, either.

Gavin was a famous musician until he was kidnapped and tortured by a fan. Once he was rescued, he lost almost everything. He has his bodyguards who are more like family and he still makes music, but out of the public eye. He rarely leaves his apartment and trusts no one other than family and his bodyguards.

I wanted to like this one more than I did. I have read many books by the author and know what to expect from his stories. I think that the problem lies in the build-up of the isolation and fear that Gavin lives under. I found it hard to understand how he could panic from a phone call, but then calmly talk to Rene, a complete stranger only a few months later. I really thought that Rene was going to have to work harder and longer to gain enough trust to spend the kind of time that they do within days of meeting.

I did like that they took their time getting to know each other and their individual needs. I liked that Gavin grew and became more confident in himself. I was happy to see that his issues didn't just go away and that Rene worked with him to help him spend more time outside of his home.

I think that this one is a case of it's me, not the book. I think fans of the author will enjoy this book and anyone looking for a BDSM story that is sex-heavy will, too.

*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by Dreamspinner Press for my reading pleasure, a review wasn't a requirement.***

No comments:

Post a Comment