Friday, July 21, 2017

Release Day Review: Chasing Destiny by Megan Erickson



Chasing Destiny 
by Megan Erickson 


Blurb: 

Some live on memories…

Almost dying during a pack uprising has a way of shaking things up. I’m no longer Mr. Laid Back now that there’s an itch under my skin I can’t scratch.

On a volunteer mission that goes beyond the walls of our compound, we enter the territory of a pack long thought dead, and find ourselves on the business end of their spears.

What I’m not prepared for is what I find within their walls—The one shifter I never thought I’d see alive, the one I’d mourned twice, the one I’d always loved. He is alive, and if I have anything to do with it, he’ll stay that way. But he’s got secrets, and exposing them could lead us to an enemy worse than the bloodthirsty undead shifters wanting to kill us all…







4 Stars!


I love shifters!

Chasing Destiny is a fun and sexy romance about Bay, the Alpha's brother and Nash who sacrificed himself in Daring Fate to save Dare and his fellow pack members. Since the two were young they loved each other and knew they would grow up to be mates. Unfortunately, though, their relationship was torn apart by outside forces. Just when they may have gotten a second chance, they are ripped apart once again.

When Bay unexpectedly finds Nash living with another pack, he knows he'll do anything to never to lose him again. However, Bay has no idea what Nash has been through during the years he was missing. Nash may still love Bay but will the truth of his disappearance tear them apart for good?

I loved this story and was so happy to see Bay find the mate he thought he'd never see again. Both Nash and Bay were so in love and you could feel their connection leaping from the page. It was sad to think they suffered the years they were apart, especially with what Nash went through. It broke my heart.

I am pretty intrigued with where the story will go from here. There is a lot of potential and it's got me anxious for the next story. We have the overall plot of the series with the Weres, Werewolves and Noweres and we have so many characters who I can't wait to see more of. I can't give too much away because I think it would ruin the story for you but I can't begin to say how much I enjoyed it and recommend it. However, if you're planning on reading Chasing Destiny I would recommend you read Daring Fate first.

***Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by the author/publisher for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.***




No comments:

Post a Comment