Sunday, August 20, 2017

Book Review: Match Day (Adventures INK #1) by Mercy Celeste

Book Review: Match Day (Adventures INK #1) by Mercy Celeste




Jilted at the altar!

Doctor Zack Sorensen planned to spend the entire ten-day luxury honeymoon cruise drunk off his ass. Why not? He paid a fortune for the tickets. Non-refundable tickets. If anyone deserved to be drunk for ten days solid it was Zack.

Brian O’Daly - brother of the runaway bride and best man - had no intention of letting his best friend spend the next ten days alone, and most likely drunk, on a ship, with no one to keep him from falling overboard.

But what exactly did one do on an accidental honeymoon? For ten days. To romantic destinations. In one bed… when one is secretly in love with one’s best friend.

Brian and Zack are about to find out.







3.5 Stars

So, this is a difficult review for me to write, because I’ve loved the other books by this author that I’ve read before.

I loved Zack, he was a bit naïve (okay, a lot, perhaps too much for a 27-year-old doctor about to start his residency), but he was very lovable and I just wanted him to get his HEA even if he was oblivious and clueless and, well, you get my drift. I liked Brian, too, but he was a hot mess and don’t get me started on his family. They took dysfunctional to a whole new level. While I think Zack and Brian were hot together and it’s undeniable Mercy Celeste writes hot damn sexy scenes, I got whiplash from all the back and forth they did throughout the book. It was like they would work things out and then in the next scene, they would go back to step one, rinse and repeat. I wasn’t too happy with the fact that it was Zack who went looking for Brian in the end, when Zack really did nothing wrong, either.

Brian’s sister, Ronnie, was a mean bitch and his father (Jimmy) was horrible, not that his mom was any better all things considered. The only one that was salvageable from that lot was Colleen, who truly came through for Brian and Zack.

Overall, while this book is well-written and entertaining for the most part, and others might enjoy it, unfortunately, it didn’t quite work for me.

*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure, a review wasn’t a requirement. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment