Thursday, January 7, 2016

Review: Good Enough by Kade Boehme



Good Enough
by Kade Boehme
NOW AVAILABLE @ AMAZON!


The day Payton Grady returns home to Seattle after a few years away, he sees a gorgeous club kid who accidentally leaves an interesting scarf behind at the bus stop. In a silly attempt to locate the owner, Payton’s best friend places an ad on Craigslist. Two years later, Payton and his friend are shocked to receive a response from the erstwhile club kid. After balking, Payton’s stunned to find his missed opportunity was with someone from his past — his ex-boyfriend from college.

Noah Di Cicco has been wracked with guilt since college when he crushed Payton. His insecurities and betrayal destroyed their relationship, and eventually Noah's whole life. Six years and the experience of a rock bottom have changed Noah.

Now that Noah knows he’s good enough for love, both men remember what they had, while moving past the hurt they caused each other so long ago. Maybe they can be good enough together.


2nd Edition. Revised, heavily re-edited, and expanded.



*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie in exchange for a fair and honest review. ***

I have to admit that at first I wasn't sure this was going to be a book I enjoyed, as it deals with cheating and that is one of the subjects I usually stay as far away from as possible. However, in true Kade Boehme's fashion he won me over and I ended up loving Noah and Payton's story. 

I didn't really like Noah at first, because of the cheating, but once I got to see how much it had affected him and how much guilt he felt over it, I couldn't stop myself from falling for him. He was such a lovely character, flawed, but willing to make up for his mistakes in any way he could. 

Now Payton I liked at the start, then when I realized how much he'd hurt Noah with his actions, I started disliking him, but thankfully he had quite the turnaround in the end, so I ended liking him again, not as much as Noah, but much better than before. 

This is a story of second and third chances at love, of getting over betrayal and distrust and building something worthy in the end, of self-discovery and growing up and becoming stronger. I really loved all of it, the flashbacks, their reconnection, it was a rollercoaster of emotions and I adored every second, as I rooted for Noah and Payton to get it right the third time around and make it work. 

Definitely a story that I would love to re-read in the future! 

Rating: 4.5 Stars!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment