Saturday, August 18, 2018

Release Day Review: Tempt Me by Remmy Duchene



Title: Tempt Me
Author: Remmy Duchene
Release Date: August 17, 2018
Category: Erotic, Contemporary
Pages: 85

Dreamspinner Press


Officer Gabe Ford knows finding love could be a tad problematic—especially since he hasn’t come out to his partner of six years yet. But what’s a guy to do when his body wants what his brain is saying he can’t have?

A year and a half after a breakup, Jason Tomlinson isn’t actively looking for a relationship. Hell, he can do bad all by himself. But Gabe Ford is just too damn yummy to resist. Just as things are beginning to pick up, one bullet may end it all before it even begins.



4.5 Stars

Sometimes when you read a new author you’re not quite sure what to expect. I have to say though, that I was really happy with this book, how it was written and how the story played out. I appreciated that even though this book was shorter, the author still made sure the characters had plenty of communication and dialogue with each other added into the story, it wasn’t just the story and plot itself and it wasn’t just the sexual aspect between them. Everything for this story worked for me and fit really well through the course of the book start to finish. It was fantastic, and I loved reading it.

I really liked this characters in this book, Gabe is a sexy cop who is not completely out, because he hasn’t found the person he’s ready to be “out for”. Jason runs a bar and has been burned by exes that he trusted in the past. I really felt for these guys and the issues they both had coming into the relationship they formed together. It was pretty instant lust turning into affection, which just got deeper the more time they spent together. And OMG, I was really not expecting this book to be as HOT as it was. Holy smokes, when these guys got together, they were sexy and dirty and just let all their insecurities out so they could just be inexcusably themselves. I loved reading all the things they had fun doing together. 

The blurb of this book vaguely mentions what may or may not happen in this book, and I was not expecting that aspect of the story to play out the way it did, I thought it would happen completely different than it did. I was definitely on my toes reading about that part and how it goes down. This book was great and I will be recommending it others looking for a quick, interesting and hot book to read.

*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by Dreamspinner Press for my reading pleasure, a review wasn't a requirement
. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment