Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Book Review: His Best Man (Accidental Roots #7) by Elle Keaton

Book Review: His Best Man (Accidental Roots #7) by Elle Keaton



Title: His Best Man
Series: Accidental Roots #7)
Author: Elle Keaton


GoodReads  - Amazon


Blurb:

Rod Beton and Travis Walker have known each other almost all their lives; since the second grade when Rod was the new kid in town and Travis befriended him with Pokémon trading cards and a fruit snack. Apparently Rod’s easy. Since that day they've had each other's back's, bread and butter, biscuit and gravy...and so on.

Along the way, Rod fell in love with Travis. He's been hoping for some kind of signal from Travis that he returns Rod's feelings. When Travis announces his surprise engagement over Thanksgiving dinner Rod decides he's done waiting for the impossible. He packs his belongings and heads for Skagit and a new life. Even if Travis suddenly decided Rod was the man for him would Rod be able to put aside his insecurities?

Travis always knew he was destined to take over the family business. As the only boy he’s expected to take the helm of the Walker farming operation, and he’s good at it. An engagement to a local girl he’s pals with seems like the perfect solution, gets him mom off his back and ensures the family line -- eventually. When his best friend abruptly leaves town Travis’s eyes are finally opened to the difference between what is expected of him and what he could expect for himself.

His Best Man is a standalone in the Accidental Roots series, a friends to lovers mm romance with an HEA. Bisexual/gay. 






5 Stars 

I’ve been (im)patiently waiting for Travis and Rod’s story and Ms. Keaton didn’t disappoint me! I loved these guys, they may actually be my favorite couple from this series so far. While I wanted to knock their heads together in the beginning, I still absolutely adored them. 

Friends to lovers is one of my favorite tropes and His Best Man was a great one. Travis and Rod fit together so well, and their chemistry was out of this world. I loved that after Travis finally made up his mind to take their relationship to the next level, he was all in. I also understood Rod being wary of Travis’ confession of his feelings, essentially giving Rod what he’d always wanted, Travis. 

I loved the secondary characters, Jasper and Gloria, as well as Rod’s dad and his family and I absolutely loved Michael, Travis’ father. He was an amazing support system for both Travis and Rod. I also loved getting to catch up with a couple of the couples from the previous installments in the series.

I love this little town of Skagit, and I’m hoping we get more of its residents' stories in the future. This was a sweet and funny story with a swoon-worthy ending that was well-written and left me with all the feels. Definitely recommendable!!

*copy purchased by reviewer*

No comments:

Post a Comment