Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Review: Torn by Carian Cole


Title: Torn
Series: Devils Wolves MC #1
Author: Carian Cole
Genre: MC Romance
 Release Date: August 29, 2016



Blurb

He’s loved me since the day I was born.
He’s taken care of me.
He’s awakened me.

Tor. My father’s best friend.
Fifteen years older than me, he’s always been my protector. The one I should never, ever want.
But I was born to be his.

She’s always loved me.
She’s shattered me.
She’s healed me.
Kenzi. My best friend’s daughter.
I held her the day she was born, and I never let go.
She’s forbidden to me. But she’s the only one that really gets me.
We’re slowly being torn apart by everything we love.
Everything we want.
Everything we desire.

And now I want the one thing I can’t have... I want her.






Purchase Links


AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited





Mari's Review


*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie in exchange for a fair and honest review. ***


Toren has been Kenzi's parents best friend since they all met when they were around 14 years old, he's always been in Kenzi's life, he's her godfather, her almost uncle, the one that has been there for her while her parents were touring with their band. He's never seen her as anything other than a little girl until she's seventeen, and while he tries to fight it, it seems the more he does, the more attracted he is to Kenzi. 

Kenzi never thought of her Uncle Tor as anything more than that, but after he comes to her rescue after a date gone wrong, she starts seeing him as the very sexy man he is and slowly the love she felt for him as a little girl morphs into the love of a woman. 

The one thing Toren has always wanted was to come first for the women in his life, but until Kenzi, he's been second best to her father. Now he has the chance to have it all, but at what price? 

While this book starts when Kenzi is one day old and Toren is fifteen years old, nothing happens between them until Kenzi is seventeen and even then it's just growing feelings and a few kisses. The progression from familial love to a more adult kind of love happens gradually and even if it was a bit of an issue for Toren at first, there was no denying the connection and passion that Tor and Kenzi felt for each other. 

Kenzi was a very mature 17 year old, but still kept some of that teenage exuberance and Toren, well, he was just about as perfect as you can imagine. *dreamy sigh* He was sweet, considerate and while passionate, he always made sure that things were how Kenzi wanted them to be, curbing his impulses so she never felt pressured. 

The book was great up to around the 80% mark, after that, I was kind of lost in the rushness of everything wrapping up as it did. I saw the confrontation with Asher (Kenzi's dad) coming, but I wasn't expecting the curve ball with her mom and it kind of came completely out of the blue for me. 

All in all, it was a great read, but even with as long as it was, the ending felt rushed, and while it's my first book by this author, I'll certainly be looking out to read more. Recommendable!

Rating: 4 Stars!






Author Bio

I have a passion for the bad boys, those covered in tattoos, sexy smirks, ripped jeans, fast cars, motorcycles and of course, the sweet girls that try to tame them and win their hearts. My debut series, Ashes & Embers, follows the lives of rock band members as they find, and sometimes lose, the loves of their lives.

Born and raised a Jersey girl, I now reside in beautiful New Hampshire with my husband and our multitude of furry pets and spend most of my time writing, reading, and vacuuming.



Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment