Friday, September 9, 2016

Release Day Review ~ The Fall Trilogy by Kate Pavelle

Release Day Review ~ The Fall Trilogy by Kate Pavelle

Title: The Fall Trilogy
Series: The Fall
Author: Kate Pavelle
Release Date: September 9, 2016
Category: Mystery/Suspense
Pages: 666
Buy Link

The Fall Trilogy follows Sean Gallaway and Asbjorn Lund as their relationship goes from dating to marriage, but along the way, violent stalkers, jail breaks, secrets, school, and even shipwrecks all conspire to drive the couple apart. If their relationship is going to survive, they must learn to trust each other, no matter the cost.





**Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie in exchange for a fair and honest review**

The Fall Trilogy is set in the world of martial arts. There is a lot, A Lot, of martial art information. And if you've ever considered wanting to become entrenched in martial arts and not just a surface involvement, this book can help provide you with all kinds of information. For me, I found it boring and just too much info. 

The MC's are both Martial Art instructors and meet when Asbjorn takes Sean's class. They become friends but neither considers themselves to be gay so there's a lot of back and forth as they accept their feelings. 

This whole trilogy is about Sean and Asbjorn trying to make a relationship work with all the struggles in their life. I give them credit, I don't know that real life couples would be able to survive everything their relationship does. It sounds exhausting!

For me, some of the items that didn't work just because of my own personal preferences: the lack of communication drama (I hate it), the cheating and as I mentioned the martial arts overload. 

But, in all fairness, there are probably real life relationships that are full of drama because they don't talk to each other. I always think of them as teenagers but we all know those people who don't outgrow the behavior. I just feel like it's manufactured just to have drama in a book setting but it does show the growth of the MC's. 

Though this was not my type of story, I think there will be a lot of people who love it and enjoy all the struggles. And this trilogy would be the perfect way to enjoy it, all bundled together. 

Rating: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment