Thursday, November 8, 2018

Release Day Review: Jilted by Lilah Suzanne




Jilted by Lilah Suzanne

Publication Date: November 8, 2018

Pages: 218

Word Count: 63,294

Summary:

A romantic comedy of love lost, faked, and found...

Carter’s fiancé is in love with someone else. Link has just been left at the altar. After bonding over mutual heartbreak at the would-be reception’s open bar, Link and Carter pass out in the honeymoon suite—and are mistaken for the happy newlywed couple the next morning. Reluctant to deal with the fallout from their breakups, they embark on an exciting week of fake honeymooning, during which Carter starts to have real feelings for Link. A genderqueer artist who lives life by their own rules, Link inspires Carter to build a new future. Against the eclectic and electric backdrop of New Orleans, Carter and Link have to decide if a second chance at love is in the cards, or if they’re only meant to be sidelined in someone else’s story.



300-Character Summary:

When their respective exes run off together, Carter and Link bond over mutual heartbreak, pass out in the honeymoon suite and are mistaken for the happy couple. After an exciting two weeks of fake honeymooning in New Orleans, they must decide if a second chance at love is in the cards.





**Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.**

Jilted is a standalone book written my Lilah Suzanne. This book was nothing that I expected. Obviously, by the title, we know a character is Jilted. In reality, it ends up being two characters and though this starts as Link’s story, that point of view ends after the prologue and we are living Carter’s story.

This is not a romance story. Don’t go into it thinking that because you’ll be disappointed. This is Carter trying to figure out his life when his fiancé leaves him for Link’s fiancé. Carter realizes his life is in a rut. Maybe he wasn’t as happy as he thought he was and after spending time on a fake honeymoon with Link, maybe he has feelings for him.

Link is non-binary and I would have loved more from that point of view. <— I’m not even sure the correct way of using they//them appropriately, and having that point of view would have made a difference, I think. It’s not a POV common in books, at least those I’ve come across.

I've never thought much about what person a book was written in. This one is third person and I was not a fan. I'm not sure I've ever read a book written in third person before but I will be avoiding it in the future. As I said above, this is not a romance. Carter has feelings for Link but they are not together except for a couple pages at the end. Sorry for that information but go into this knowing you are living Carter figuring life out. And if you’ve ever been interested in exploring New Orleans, or architecture, this book will have educational pieces for you. Overall, I enjoyed this story but make sure you know what you’re getting into before grabbing it!

Rating: 4 stars



4 Stars 

Carter and Link’s story grabbed me by the hand and I was off to the adventure of feeling like I was back in the French Quarter, a place I adore.

Carter was someone who I would love to just grab by the shoulders as tell him how sweet and how he deserves every piece of happiness that comes his way.

I love how there is so much Genderqueer rep there is MM lately, it has opened my eyes in a lot of ways and I am grateful for that.

Link is a beautiful soul and is so confused once he is left at the altar, as anyone would be, so meeting Carter comes at an odd but kinda perfect time.

I really look forward to reading more by Lilah Suzanne as soon as I can.

*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure, a review wasn't a requirement. ***




About Lilah Suzanne:

Lilah Suzanne is the author of Amazon bestseller Broken Records, part of the Spotlight series along with Burning Tracks and Blended Notes. Lilah also authored Spice, the novellas Pivot & Slip and After the Sunset, and the short story Halfway Home, which was featured in the holiday anthology If the Fates Allow. A writer from a young age, Lilah resides in North Carolina and mostly enjoys staying indoors, though sometimes ventures out for concerts, museum visits, and quiet walks in the woods.

Meet the author: Website | Twitter | Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment