Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Book Review: Wolf's Heart by Anne Marsh



SYNOPSIS: 

To take over a local pack Cajun werewolf Jace Jones must first take a mate… but she wants nothing to do with a big, bad biker who sometimes turns furry.

“You don’t have to do anything. I’m gonna take care of everything.” I mean it, too. While sinking my d*ck inside her tops my current wish list, I also intend to make this good for her. She’s had a sh*t deal in life, and I absolutely want to kiss her better. The way I see it, all she has to do is enjoy. I’ll do all the rest. I’m practically a Boy Scout and she can pin the medal to my goddamned chest later. First, I have my mate to kiss.
~ Jace Jones

To keep the peace between two rival wolf packs, Cajun werewolf Jace Jones agrees to become the alpha of The Breed pack and motorcycle club. There’s just one catch: he needs to mate the former alpha’s daughter and he’s damned certain she hasn’t chosen him. His new mate is sweet and sexy as sin, but she’s also been brutalized by the pack and the last thing she needs is one more wolf in her life. But before he can take his place as leader of the Breed, he’ll have to teach his woman her place… in the club, in his arms, and in his heart.

Werewolf bikers? Pass. Keelie Sue Berard has spent a lifetime trapped in the motorcycle club’s misogynistic world, first as the alpha’s daughter and then as a mate. She’s kept her mouth shut and her head down trying to survive, so she’ll do whatever it takes to walk away free to live her own life. But Jace terrifies her. He protects her. He owns her. And now he wants her…





Werewolf and Biker Jace ends up having to take over not only the pack but the MC as well. However, first, he needs to mate the former Alpha's abused daughter Keelie. Keelie wants nothing to do with Jace or being his mate. She's been through too much as it is. Jace has to prove to her that being his mate is all for the best. It's been a very long time since I've read MF paranormal romance so I may have a bit of a skewed opinion. However, other than the fact that this was a bit of a different take on the whole shifter/pack theme, it just wasn't really my thing. I found myself feeling frustrated with Jace and his domineering behavior on more than one occasion. While in theory, I understand that as a biker and a shifter he'd be more dominant, it just didn't work with how I thought Keelie should be treated. I didn't feel the chemistry or the romance. I wanted Keelie to be free of her life as it was. I was happy that it seemed Jace grows throughout the story but unfortunately I never found myself really liking his character. This definitely is not what I was expecting, but I will probably give the author another go with a different book. 3 Stars! *Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by the author/publisher for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.*

No comments:

Post a Comment