Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Release Day Review: How to Be a Movie Star by TJ Klune

Title: How to Be a Movie Star
Series: How to Be: Book 2
Author: TJ Klune
Release Date: February 12, 2019
Category: Contemporary
Pages: 342



Josiah Erickson wants to be a movie star. The problem with that is so does half of Los Angeles. But he’s on his way, what with memorable roles as a TV show background cadaver and a guy in a commercial for herpes medication. All he needs is his big break. And that break may come in the form of a novelist who goes by the enigmatic name of Q-Bert.

Q-Bert, who is ready to make his directorial debut in a film Josy would be perfect for. Q-Bert, who Josy may or may not have a friend-crush on, and potentially something more. Being demisexual can be confusing.

From the City of Angels to the small mountain town of Abby, Oregon, Josy will give his all to make sure his dreams come true—even the ones he never thought possible.



5 Stars!

Oh Josiah, sweet, sweet Josiah. I adored this book. Josiah is unbelievably endearing and genuine and I just want him to live in my pocket. This book was, of course, hilarious but there were also some really sweet heartfelt moments and a couple of sad moments. The story and the characters filled me with complete joy. The writing was fantastic as always with TJ Klune and the pacing was true to the characters.

It was great to get to see all of the past characters and especially see how much Gus has changed but also remained the exact same. The funny pieces from book one were carried over perfectly to this book. I loved how much Josy loved Gus and how much Gus hated and loved it. We get some hilarious passages where Josy is asking Gus for advice and I think my heart actually melted with how amazing they were.

Quincy was also a fantastic character and was easily relatable. Meeting him as Q-bert was so much more than I expected and it was LOVELY. The entire first meeting between him and Josy had me laughing and swooning. There were more sensitive issues addressed in the book that I thought were sad but so honest, and I appreciated having that in this otherwise hilarious and sweet book.

*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure, a review wasn't a requirement. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment