Thursday, July 5, 2018

Book Reviews: Stumbling in the Dark by Deja Black

Book Reviews: Stumbling in the Dark by Deja Black 



Title: Stumbling in the Dark
Author: Deja Black
Length: 34 pages





Blurb:

Summer fun. Summer sun. What’s a knife thrower to do when the lion tamer he wants doesn’t want him? Well, go out and get his groove thing on, of course. Unless…that lion tamer turns out to be his mate. Then the fireworks will really start.

The circus is a place for the unusual, a sanctuary for the wanderer. For the circus knife thrower Jake Gallinari, it was the place he stumbled to as a child. He arrived broken in spirit and body, hungering for affection. He found love, acceptance, and a family to call his own. 

Blaine Leander needed a sanctuary as well. The lion tamer had no idea that he would one day see his mate in the circus, no less. For seven years he’s watched Jake grow into a man, afraid to take the step to make Jake his own.

It’s summer, and with the bright sun and the blue sky, these two men have a chance for life to change. 

Just what will it take to make that happen?





4.5 Stars!

I love Deja Black stories! They are always so unique and entertaining.

This is a short, sweet and sexy story about a boy who finds a family he deserves in a very unexpected place, the Circus. As a man who’s flourished under the love and guidance of an amazing couple who’ve claimed him as their son, his only desire is to finally get the beautiful and strong lion tamer to admit they belong together.

I enjoyed Stumbling in the Dark and the tiny little glimpse into this family Jake found. I only wished it were longer so I could have seen more of it. I bet there are many amazing people and stories that could be explored in this setting. I also would love to see what happens down the road for Jake and Blaine once they get to where they are going.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this one to fans of Deja Black or those who love a short fun read.

*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure, a review wasn't a requirement. ***



4 Stars 

Stumbling in the Dark is a pretty short but very satisfying read.

Jake is one of those children that lived the dream of all kids and ran away to the circus. Blaine also ran away to the circus but for a different reason. As Jake grows up, he has a crush on Blaine and the crush eventually develops into real love.

This is a love story that develops quickly. Maybe if we are lucky we will get to see what happens next between them? Because yes, while I was satisfied with the story, I just wanted more of Jake and Blaine together.

*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure, a review wasn't a requirement.
***

1 comment:

  1. Two reviews! Two! I love it! I love them! I love you! I will definitely bring you more! Thank you both so much for reading and reviewing. Knowing what you think just makes me strive to give my best! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete