Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Release Day Reviews ~ Ravensong (Green Creek Book 2) by TJ Klune

Release Day Reviews ~ Ravensong (Green Creek Book 2) by TJ Klune


Title: Ravensong

Series: Green Creek: Book Two

Author: TJ Klune
Release Date: July 31, 2018
Category: Paranormal: Werewolves
Pages: 391

Gordo Livingstone never forgot the lessons carved into his skin. Hardened by the betrayal of a pack who left him behind, he sought solace in the garage in his tiny mountain town, vowing never again to involve himself in the affairs of wolves.
It should have been enough.
And it was, until the wolves came back, and with them, Mark Bennett. In the end, they faced the beast together as a pack… and won.

Now, a year later, Gordo has found himself once again the witch of the Bennett pack. Green Creek has settled after the death of Richard Collins, and Gordo constantly struggles to ignore Mark and the song that howls between them.

But time is running out. Something is coming. And this time, it’s crawling from within.

Some bonds, no matter how strong, were made to be broken.




5 Stars!

Well, we know I’m a huge TJ Klune fan so obviously, I have to rave about this book. I adored, absolutely adored Wolfsong, the first book in the series and was so overly excited when I found out about Ravensong. I loved Gordo and Mark in book one and I could not wait to dive into their story. It was definitely a great read but a huge emotional rollercoaster I will definitely need some time to recover from.

I may just be a bit of a masochist because I found the pain and the heartbreak, the up and down emotions and the raw intensity, one of the most gratifying parts of this story. TJ can totally write tearjerkers and angsty reads. Sometimes, I just need a good story that makes me rage, swoon, cry and laugh all at once.

Gordo is so much more than I expected. While I loved him in Wolfsong, I had no clue how deep and dark his story with the Bennett pack really was. I swear his sorrow and pain was palpable while I read it. I wanted to both hug him and in some cases throttle him, I loved him.

Mark surprised me, too. Still waters run deep with that man at times. He too pissed me off on more than one occasion and then he'd turn around and make my heart ache for him. Seeing him grow and evolve from awkward adolescent to wary man really emphasize how much he went through and sacrificed for Pack and family.

He and Gordo had incredible chemistry and I loved them together. From first meetings to the drama surrounding events from book one and the events we get to see leading up to book one, they just felt so real to me. As great as they were together though it was great seeing who they were individually as well as who they were to the pack.

I’m not going to do spoilers, so I’ll just say this. If you love TJ Klune, if you enjoyed Wolfsong, you’ll most definitely love Ravensong. Great writing as always with that wit that I always find in TJ’s stories. There’s action and drama, steamy and sweet and, of course, heartwarming and heartbreaking moments. A lot of the story takes place at the same time as Wolfsong but we get to see it from Gordo’s POV. There’s also a lot of great backstory we needed and wanted and of course, we get to see how the Bennett pack is functioning today.

I definitely recommend!

***Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by Dreamspinner Press for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.***


5 stars 

This was an amazing addition to the Green Creek series. This book is written similar to the first one in terms of style, and while it matched perfectly for Ox in book one, it also somehow matches perfectly for Gordo in this book.

This book was definitely angsty. I wanted to plummet Gordo a few times because he just would not give in to his feelings for Mark! The whole plot of these two books is incredible and you can tell there is so much more to come. This book was emotional and funny at times. There was great banter between the characters. The entire pack is great to read about and the relationship and connection between everyone is entertaining and also just sweet.

I NEED the next books already! I cannot wait to get Robbie and Kelly's book and I cannot wait to find out more about Carter and his wolf! These books are beautifully well-written and poetic in style. Even with only one MC POV, the author gives us everything we need. Read these books!

***Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by Dreamspinner Press for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.***


5 Stars 

Holy plot twists Batman!!! This long-awaited follow-up to Wolfsong (easily in my top 5 of all time) did not disappoint.

Ravensong picks up a year after Wolfsong ended. I knew the love story in this novel was about Gordo and Mark. Per usual, it was complex, beautiful, deeply engaging and spans decades. I loved the backstory that filled in their history, introducing new characters like Thomas’ father, Abel, and explaining the long-standing tension between Mark and Gordo.

It was also wonderful to get glimpses about other couples from Wolfsong - Joe and Ox (mates, partners, co-alphas) and Robbie and Kelly (something is still building there).

This story was not predictable and the plot was unexpected. Based on Wolfsong, I was surprised as to who the bad guys turned out to be. Every TJ Klune book has a villain and a big fight at the peak. There were so many villains, so many betrayals, so many fights - I simply could not put this book down because I had to know what happened next. I was yelling out loud “no way!” at multiple points all the way to the end. While fundamentally the overarching villain is who you would expect from Wolfsong, the battles are with other characters that just betray the Bennett pack left and right.

The only thing about this installment is that it ended in a cliffhanger, which I didn’t feel with Wolfsong. The main characters - the Bennett pack - get their Happily For Now (HFN) kind of, but they are not unbroken and it’s left abundantly clear that the peace is tenuous at best and there’s more fight to come. I hope the next installment comes sooner than later because I cannot wait to see how this turns out…

***Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by Dreamspinner Press for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.***


5 stars

Ravensong is the second book in the Green Creek series by T.J. Klune. This book while showing both the wolf and human pack revolves around Gordo and Mark. It starts off about mid-way through Wolfsong while also throwing in backflashes of when Gordo and Mark were younger and continuing after Wolfsong is done.

Gordo is a very interesting character. Pissed off about being abandoned by his pack, his mate & tether leaving and his murderer father, he embraces Ox as both a friend and replacement father of sorts. He is very brash and rude but behind that he is quite loving and caring. He loves his human pack and despite what he thinks is abandonment, he still loves them. Mark is very mysterious. We see this book through mostly Gordo's eyes but we do see glimpses of Mark. He has always and will always love Gordo. He is strong and dependable.

This book left me with a massive book hangover. I really did not know what to do with myself after. It answered quite a few questions from Wolfsong and left me with many more. While the ending was somewhat satisfying, the epilogue left us with a huge cliffhanger. A cliffhanger so big that i almost cried when i remembered the time between book releases. Did i mention it is going to be released in 2020? HOW WILL I SURVIVE?

*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by Dreamspinner Press for my reading pleasure, a review wasn't a requirement. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment