Saturday, June 2, 2018

Release Review: Home Skillet by Cate Ashwood & Sandra Damien





Blurb:

JAMES

I don't know what's more shocking—the sudden end to my marriage, or the fact that I'd married a woman at all. But now I'm broke and homeless, kicked out of my Upper West Side apartment while my ex-wife walks away with everything we've ever worked for.

So what's an executive chef stripped of his dignity gonna do?

Go back to Jersey with his tail between his legs, that's what.

BEN

I can’t say that spending a decade pining after my best friend was the best use of my time. While I'd pretty much become an expert at the whole unrequited love thing, I'd resigned myself to the fact that Jimmy and I were never gonna happen. But when Jimmy turned up on my doorstep in his hour of need, I jumped at the chance to offer him my bed—er, couch. I mean, what are friends for, right?

Now that he's released from the shackles of matrimony, I can't wait to show him exactly what he's been missing out on all these years.

What I didn't anticipate was him showing me that maybe I'd been missing out too.






4.5 Stars

I wasn’t so sure about this story at first, well, actually not really the story because the blurb sounded awesome, and I loved Ben from the get go, it was Jimmy I wasn’t so sure about. Ben was sweet and so confident in his sexuality, something that in the mid-late 90’s, in a town filled with mostly close-minded conservatives, was so brave. My heart broke for him when Jimmy told him he was going to marry Jenna and I can’t imagine the hurt he felt watching the love of his life marry someone else, whether it was a sham of a marriage or not.

Now Jimmy, he was another story altogether. I really disliked him in the beginning, but as I got to know him better and watched him admit who he was and what, or rather who, he wanted, well, I was so proud of him and I fell in love with him.

Together, Ben and Jimmy were sweet, loving and passionate. They fit together perfectly and I loved watching the love they shared grow and strengthen to something powerful and all-consuming. Something that will stand the test of time and society's harshness.

This story was sweet and sexy and everything I have come to love about Cate Ashwood’s writing. It was a great start to the series and I can’t wait to get my hands on book two! Highly recommended!!

*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure, a review wasn't a requirement. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment