Friday, June 15, 2018

Release Day Review: A Tender Curiosity by Charlie Cochet



Title: A Tender Curiosity
Author: Charlie Cochet
Release Date: June 15, 2018
Category: Historical - 20th Century, Historical - Americas, Holiday, Paranorma
Pages: 90


Dreamspinner Press


Take a journey into the past and meet the men who laughed, lived, and loved in a bygone era. This collection includes three short but sweet tales of infatuation, adventure, humor, and even a dash of the paranormal.
When Love Walked In
Private investigator Bruce Shannon’s cases of missing persons and infidelity don’t inspire warm feelings around Valentine’s Day. Luckily Bruce is quite happy with only his cat for companionship—until handsome Jace Scarret wanders off the street and into Bruce’s life.
In His Corner
Former world heavyweight boxing champion Jessie “the Demon” Dalton needs a cornerman, and Eli jumps at the chance, hoping for answers about why Jessie broke his heart years ago. It soon becomes clear that Jessie needs Eli in his corner—and in his life. Now all Eli has to do is convince Jessie.
Believe Me, Beloved
Robert Bradley dreams of singing on the radio, and when he attends the masked ball of handsome station owner Gabriel Chase, Robert has no idea his dream is about to take an unexpected paranormal turn.
In His Corner originally published by Torquere Press, Inc., September, 2012.
When Love Walked In originally published by Torquere Press, Inc., February, 2012.
Believe Me, Beloved originally published in Masks Off Anthology by Top Shelf, An imprint of Torquere Press Publishers, 2012.




3 Stars!


When Love Walked In

Short, sassy and Sweet story with a touch of humor. It was like watching a film Noir styled movie except instead of “Guns, Dames and Hats” we had “Guns (sort of), guys and cats”.
I really liked Bruce and his curmudgeonly attitude. I could picture him in my mind quite vividly and I loved it.


In His Corner

A sort of second-chance love story between an aging boxer Dalton and Eli, the younger man who’s always believed in him.

This one moved quite fast but, honestly, I felt as if it were missing something important. It just wasn’t enough for us to see the present, I felt we needed to really see the past and how these two men became who they are. Eli was 8 when he met Dalton who was 21. To fall for someone that way I thought we needed a longer, deeper and full-length book to really feel connected to the characters and the story.


Believe Me, Beloved

A different and dark take on werewolves and werejaguars. I am sorry, but this story just wasn’t for me. I hate saying that because not only am I a huge fan of shifters but I generally love Charlie Cochet. Unfortunately, though, BMB just wasn’t what I expected or hoped and I couldn’t connect with it or with Robert and Gabriel.

Overall, A Tender Curiosity was okay but not my favorite Charlie Cochet book.

***Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by the author/publisher for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.***

No comments:

Post a Comment