Thursday, March 2, 2017

Book Review: Hacked Up by Ethan Stone

Promo Post ~ Hacked Up by Ethan Stone ~ (Guest Post)

Hacked Up
Ethan Stone
Stone Publishing
Feb 6, 2017




Seattle is being plagued by a string of gruesome murders. For Detective Peter Tao, it’s a career-making case, but he’s struggling to find a lead. How is the killer choosing his victims? What is he trying to prove?
With a long list of suspects and nothing to connect them, Peter is more determined than ever to apprehend the murderer. Then Peter gets the one vital piece of evidence that ties everything together. Now he’ll have to look beyond the obvious to identify the killer before anyone else is murdered.
Solve the mystery in this fast-moving crime thriller by Ethan Stone.



4.5 Thrilling Stars!!!

I loved this book, even if the romance took a backseat to the crime investigation and the cheating scandals, it was enthralling and intriguing and kept me interested in finding out how it would play out until the last page.

Peter was a fascinating character, even if more than a bit biased against cheating men after his ex turned out to be married and with children (which really, I can’t really blame him, I’m not too fond of that myself). He was witty and charming and it was a delight to see him working on his cases. Bryce was nice, too, and despite him cheating on his wife, I really liked his chemistry with Peter and how Peter sort of kept him at arms’ length until he fixed his relationship issues. Peter and Bryce had great chemistry and it was nice to see them working together.

The crime investigation and the secondary plots were well-thought out and had enough twists to keep me wondering throughout the book.

There was a death in the book that broke my heart, but other than that, Hacked Up is a very well-written, enjoyable crime thriller that I really hope Mr. Stone will consider turning into a series because I was left wanting more of Peter and Bryce. Highly recommendable!

*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by the author for my reading pleasure, a review wasn't a requirement. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment