Monday, March 6, 2017

AotM ~ Better Than Chance by Lane Hayes


Better Than Chance


Jay Reynolds has a crush on his project leader at work, but an office romance with Peter Morgan isn't likely to happen since Peter is straight. Worse, Jay soon fears Peter is homophobic, and his initial infatuation turns to loathing. But one fateful night, Jay is forced to acknowledge things aren't quite as they seem with Peter. Suddenly, his crush is back and unbelievably, Peter is interested too.

They begin a friends with benefits arrangement, which becomes difficult for Jay when he starts falling for his sexy boss. Peter’s past issues keep him from committing, and Jay has to decide if he can be satisfied with friendship if Peter isn’t ready to take a chance on anything more.







5 Stars!

While I loved Matt and Aaron, I absolutely adored Peter and Jay! I loved how they went from Jay being infatuated with older, sophisticated Peter, to hating his guts and then back to being attracted to him only to fall for Peter later. I loved that even if Jay didn't want to lose Peter, he let him loose because Jay needed more and knew he wouldn't get it otherwise. There was no doubt in my mind that they belonged together, even if their path towards a HEA was a bit rocky. They just fit perfectly into each other's lives, even if they were so diametrically opposite. Jay and Peter had an amazing chemistry and the sex scenes were hotter than hot!

I'm definitely loving this series, and so far, this is my favorite book in it. I'm looking forward to Curt and Jack's story, though! Highly recommendable!




4 Stars

If you've read book one, Better Than Good, you'll know how this story ends. Jay and Peter are an established couple in Better Than Good, so Lane takes us back to the beginning to tell us how Jay and Peter came to be.

This too is a slow burn romance, that starts as enemies, moves on to friends with benefits and ultimately leads to the HEA we all know is coming. While this book was well written and enjoyable, I didn't feel the connection and chemistry between Jay and Peter, like I did with Matt and Aaron. Some characters you just don't feel it, even when other readers who've read the same books you did, do feel that elusive chemistry.

Still, this was an enjoyable and entertaining read.





4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite opposite attract is "Muscling In" by J L Merrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure there are many, but since my memory is faulty I'm going to go with the latest 5-stars opposite attract book I read "The Burnt Toast B&B (Bluewater Bay #5)" by Heidi Belleau & Rachel Haimowitz

    ReplyDelete
  4. A recent favorite opposites attract story was Must Like Spinach by Con Riley.

    ReplyDelete