Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Release Day Reviews ~ Something to Dye For by Aimee Nicole Walker

Release Day Reviews ~ Something to Dye For by Aimee Nicole Walker




Author: Aimee Nicole Walker
Publisher: Aimee Nicole Walker
Publish Date: January 3, 2017
Cover Artist: Jay Aheer
Photographer: Wander Aguiar


Blurb:


A phone call in the middle of the night forces Detective Gabriel Wyatt out of his warm bed and into the frigid night to identify the body of a murdered man whose wallet contains Gabe’s business card instead of an ID. That night sets off a chain of events that chills Gabe to his bones when it appears that the killer has set his eyes on a new target – Josh Roman.


Josh comes face-to-face with a painful reminder of his past just when he’s ready to acknowledge that his feelings for Gabe go way beyond liking the man. How can he trust that his feelings for Gabe are right when before he’d always been so wrong?


Will Josh and Gabe finally acknowledge that what they have is something to live for or will they allow danger and doubts to destroy their chance at something amazing?   


Something to Dye For is book 2 in the Curl Up and Dye Mysteries series. These books are written to be read in order. They contain sexually explicit material and are intended for adults 18 and older.





5 Stars!

Josh and Gabe are back and can I just say, I love these guys!

Gabe received a call in the middle of the night from the Sheriff to come out and identify a body. The victim is a man Gabe had known and his business card was found on the body. Gabe is surprised when he sees who the man is and realizes that this may mean trouble to follow.

To make matters worse an unwelcome figure from Josh's past is back in town, bringing back painful memories and feelings. Josh starts to really come to terms with the fact that Gabe is different than anyone before him. Josh is in love and suspects Gabe feels the same way but isn't yet ready to say those three little words. Whether they say them or not, though, both men are all in, they just have to make sure they both know it.

Will murder, drugs and a stalker be too much for Josh and Gabe or will they finally be able to admit they want to make things more permanent?

I am a huge fan of this series and I can not wait for the next book. Josh and Gabe are awesome together as well as individually. While I will admit there was a lot of sex in this book and I was kind of hoping for some more fun moments in the salon, I still loved it. I think Josh and Gabe are perfect for each other and I like how they seem so natural together.

I liked the mystery surrounding the murder and the drugs as well. I think it was well thought out and kept me guessing. I definitely did not see that ending coming. Now I'm anxious to find out what's going on. I also wouldn't mind seeing a little bit more with Kyle and Chaz.

I totally recommend this series!

*Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by the author for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.*



4.5 Stars! 

A great addition to this series, with the leads' relationship deepening. Loved how romantic and sweet it was.
Book 2 in this series cannot be read as a standalone, as 1) the leads' romance is a WIP (and yes, it moves forward a LOT in this book - yay!!!) 2) there are events in this that have connections with book 1 and 3) as the tale ends, it's clear that the mystery will be continuing into book 3. I'm not sure how many books there are planned in this series, but it could go on for a while, and in my book, pun intended, that's great, because the leads are loved up, have spoken of that love, are taking steps to cement their relationship and they've Met The Parents, so please, Ms Walker, keep them coming!

I loved it. I loved how fast the tale was, without feeling rushed. The author did really well to mesh the events, the clues and the potential baddie, and both Josh's and Gabe's pasts. I did kind of wonder why more than one ex of Gabe's had to make an appearance, but I was glad that it didn't affect Josh's confidence in himself or in his man, and that Gabe was open and honest with explanations.

The sex is sweet, erotic, sensual, sexy and romantic and brought the leads together in more than the physical. I loved how perfect Gabe was for Josh and that for most of the book, I, the reader, was privy to each other's feelings in his mind, and that when they decided to come clean with each other, each had the same thought and the same timing. As they did when it came to taking the next step in cementing their relationship. These guys were made for each other and I'm glad that Josh's past didn't stand in their way.

Comic relief abounds in Josh's bird and in Josh's mouth (which runs away with him in a really funny scene in the salon, that includes old ladies, the bird, making a mess and cream.) I won't say more, but you'll be lol'ing! The only reason this tale loses a 0.5* is that in one scene, Josh...ahem...removes a certain part of Gabe's anatomy from himself, and then the characters' names got messed up in the scene, causing my mind to boggle until I sussed out what had happened. Hopefully, that'll be picked up and fixed before the book comes out, but it was rather amusing and confusing.

I can't wait for book 3, which I understand is out on 03/03/17, followed by book 4 (the final) on 02/05/17.

*Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by the author for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.*


Also In the Series:
Dyeing to be Loved



Author Bio:
I am a wife and mother to three kids, three dogs, and a cat. When I’m not dreaming up stories, I like to lose myself in a good book, cook or bake. I'm a girly tomboy who paints her fingernails while watching sports and yelling at the referees. I will always choose the book over the movie. I believe in happily-ever-after. Love inspires everything that I do.  Music keeps me sane.


I’d love to hear from you.


You can reach me at:

No comments:

Post a Comment