Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Release Day Review ~ David's Dilemma by Lynn Lorenz

Release Day Review ~ David's Dilemma by Lynn Lorenz


Title: David's Dilemma
Author: Lynn Lorenz
Release Date: January 11, 2017Category: Contemporary
Pages: 157 (Novella)

When is it the wrong time to find Mr. Right? For David, that time is now. He’s caring for his homophobic father, who has Alzheimer’s, and his personal life is the last thing he has time to focus on. But when his father wanders off, David is forced to reach out to the police, in the person of Detective Travis Hart. Travis is gay, tired of the club life and twinks he can’t keep up with, and longs for a real relationship with a man who wants the same—maybe someone remarkable like David. In fact, David is exactly who he has been looking for, but Travis isn’t sure he can be the man David needs during this difficult time.
Because as David’s father sinks deeper into the disease that’s robbing him of his memories, David really needs a friend, not a lover. Though Travis is determined to support David in whatever way he can, David’s decision could lead both men into a situation with no possibility of a happy resolution.
First Edition published by Amber Quill Press, 2009.





3 Stars!

David is dealing with his father's Alzheimer's and living with him as he is deteriorating before David's eyes is extremely hard. Meeting Detective Travis Hart couldn't have come at a worse time. Luckily for David, Travis decides to just be friends for now. They'll see how it goes and maybe if it feels right they can try for more.

What starts off as friendly phone calls quickly becomes more and soon the two men have to admit they feel something for the other, of course, they haven't yet had sex. When they can't wait any longer to get together their frenzied encounter proves that they are perfect together.

Things are going great in David's love life but his father's bad days are getting worse and Travis is getting concerned. David is forced to face some difficult choices but it could be too late.

First, let me say my Great Grandmother suffered from Alzheimer's and I've had a Grandmother who had dementia. These are tough illnesses to watch loved ones suffer from and can be extremely stressful and difficult to deal with on your own. So my heart hurt for David. There were times though that I truly did not like the way he spoke with his father or snapped or yelled at him. His father was definitely not nice but I feel like there were better ways of handling him.

As for Travis and David, they had good chemistry, there's no doubt but I didn't love them. The way they started calling each other Baby and Honey right away bugged me. This was almost like instalove without immediate sex. I just didn't completely connect with them or their relationship.

Overall, this wasn't a bad story, it just didn't blow me away.

*Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by Dreamspinner Press for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.*


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jaymie
    I'm a huge Lynn Lorenz fan. When I saw this new release I was so happy. I think your review is great. I'm going to give it a try. I understand your empathy for a character with this illness, hon. Sorry about your grandmothers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I too love Lynn Lorenz and I hope you enjoy this story.

      Delete