Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Release Day Review ~ Rainbow Rodeo by BA Tortuga

Release Day Review ~ Rainbow Rodeo by BA Tortuga 

Title: Rainbow Rodeo
Author: BA Tortuga
Release Date: August 7, 2018
Category: Western
Pages: 210
Dreamspinner  Amazon
As a teenager, Dalton Jakoby made Tank an offer—one Tank turned down gently. It was still embarrassing as hell, so when Tank returns to the Jakoby Rodeo Company after a big-time bull riding tour, Dalton decides polite but distant is the best course of action.
Tank is hurting from some tough injuries and ready for a lighter workload. He’s also ready to admit Dalton is an adult now, one he wants to get to know much better. While Dalton’s past makes him suspicious of Tank’s attention, he can’t stay standoffish for long… not with Tank.
The new romance burns hot, but problems inside and outside the arena threaten what Tank and Dalton might have together.



4 Stars

For my first time reading this author, the book was pretty good. There wasn’t anything wrong with it, and the story was interesting through the entire book. But it also didn’t wow me the way I hoped and thought it would. The writing was a little odd to me at times, kind of stilted in places. 
There were a lot of starts and stops, almost as if the author was writing out random thoughts and not translating them into completely formed sentences. But, I do think it also might have been deliberate and something to do with how the characters talked and communicated to each other as well. They didn’t seem to follow through and formulate some of their thoughts and remarks to each other, just saying some quick words. And I did also like the premise, the storyline and the characters we get with this book which is why it is still getting a good rating from me. I also really appreciated the use of all the somewhat corny and funny western type phrases the author used. I found myself laughing at them and they really made this book stand out more to me.

Cowboys... Do I need to say more?!?

Tank and Dalton have a past, Tank rejected Dalton when they were younger. But now that Dalton has grown up some, Tank finally realizes that Dalton is exactly what he wants and needs and is determined to not let the past rule their future together. These two have some amazingly hot chemistry when they get together. This book is cute and it was fun getting to know all of the characters and their personalities. I loved that we got to see all different sides to this story. We get to see these men at the rodeo with their friends and at home with their families. And Dalton’s obvious bond with his twin Dustin was a fantastic addition to this book. But, omg I was super nervous when we first got to see glimpses of Dalton's creepy ex, I just knew he was going to cause some sort of drama or issues at some point. But was happy to see they could all overcome what happens and move past the trouble and events towards the end of this book. I was not prepared for it and that part really had my heart racing. Dalton’s ex is an evil horrible man.

And finally, I don’t think this is a series perse but I really hope we get a book for Dustin (Dalton’s twin) as well. I really want to know more about him and to see him get an HEA as well.

*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by Dreamspinner Press for my reading pleasure, a review wasn't a requirement. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment