Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Release Day Review ~ A Few Good Fish (Fish Out of Water Book 3) by Amy Lane

Release Day Review ~ A Few Good Fish (Fish Out of Water Book 3) by Amy Lane


Title: A Few Good Fish

Series: Fish Out of Water: Book Three

Author: Amy Lane
Release Date: August 28, 2018
Category: Mystery/Suspense
Pages: 281

A tomcat, a psychopath, and a psychic walk into the desert to rescue the men they love…. Can everybody make it out with their skin intact?
PI Jackson Rivers and Defense Attorney Ellery Cramer have barely recovered from last November, when stopping a serial killer nearly destroyed Jackson in both body and spirit.
But their previous investigation poked a new danger with a stick, forcing Jackson and Ellery to leave town so they can meet the snake in its den.
Jackson Rivers grew up with the mean streets as a classroom and he learned a long time ago not to give a damn about his own life. But he gets a whole new education when the enemy takes Ellery. The man who pulled his shattered pieces from darkness and stitched them back together again is in trouble, and Jackson’s only chance to save him rests in the hands of fragile allies he barely knows.
It’s going to take a little bit of luck to get these Few Good Fish out alive!


4.5 Stars!

Oh, how I love Amy Lane and this series. I can’t help but adore Ellery and Jackson. These two aren’t only a great couple but also truly lovable characters. As with the previous two books in this series, you get a heaping dose of romance and action, suspense and humor and of course, some smoking moments between the sheets.

Jackson is still trying to get himself back to 100% after his last near-death experience and Ellery being taken is the last thing Jackson needs while he tries to rid himself of the fear that the universe is trying to send him a sign, a sign that he doesn’t deserve to be happy with Ellery. Luckily for both men, they aren’t alone, they have people that have their back.

I truly hope we get more of these guys soon, I love seeing how things unfold for the two of them as well as how they escape death as well as they do. With the other characters, we saw so much of in this story it made me excited at what’s to come. There are quite a few people I couldn’t help but fall in love with.

Overall, this was a great installment of the Fish Out of Water series. The story flowed well and while not 100% realistic, it was dry entertaining. Amy Lane has a great voice and truly creates and develop characters that are too easy to fall in love with. I’d definitely recommend A Few Good Fish. The entire series is worth a read if you haven’t yet had the chance.

***Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by the author/publisher for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.***




**Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by DreamSpinner Press for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.**

A Few Good Fish is book 3 in Amy Lane’s Fish Out of Water series. This is absolutely one of my favorites and one of the best series I have ever read, or listened to. This series, absolutely, MUST be read in order. I know, I always say that, but I’ve never meant it more than I do now. This series follows Jackson and Ellery and each book builds upon the previous one. If you’re a fan of this series, you probably thought the author was done putting Jackson and Ellery in dangerous situations, both emotionally and physically. If you were crazy enough to think that, you ARE SO WRONG.

It’s been a rough few months for Jackson and Ellery and things aren’t getting easier. Jackson thought he had suffered through pain before, but he learns there’s something more painful than physical pain and that’s Ellery’s pain. This storyline continues from previous ones so I’m not going to get into the details or give anything away but Jackson and Ellery still have a lot to clean up. And the hits are coming at them from all sides.

But, no matter what they have to endure, Jackson and Ellery come away stronger as a couple. And, in this book, their future has been mentioned and for me, that felt huge! I love watching the family that Jackson, Cameron and Jade are building because it isn’t just one of them, it’s still all of them. And I loved having Ellery’s family more involved in this book! I’ve always been a fan of Lucy Satan, aka Taylor, but getting time with Ellery’s dad and getting to know him, was just icing on the top!

I love Jackson and Ellery together, especially in this book. If you haven’t read or listened to this series, I can’t stress how highly I recommend you do so now. The author has done a masterful job of building this series. I would love, love, love if the author would continue their series. With the new project Jackson, Ellery and Jade have coming, the series could follow their cases. Maybe with a little (or a lot) less abuse to Jackson and Ellery, but I foresee great things for their future! This book and series gets all the stars there are! Seriously, read or listen to it and it will become one of your favorites too!

Rating: 5+++++++++++++++++ Stars





5 Stars 

This series is just FANTASTIC. I absolutely love witty, snarky, sarcastic characters and Ellery and Jackson are just superb. I love how they play games with themselves and one another. Ms. Lane adds the mystery element to this series and it’s never overly complex or easily figured out. It keeps you on your toes and is just an engrossing read.

What I love best about this series is the setting. Ms. Lane makes Sacramento gritty and real and has a mix of characters like in the real world. Everyone isn’t super rich or ridiculously handsome. These characters are real, despite their quirks and penchants to attract trouble. I adore Billy Bob, Mike, Jade, Kaden, Ellery’s mom, etc. They bring such color (both literally and figuratively) to the story.

I won’t spoil the action and/or mystery here, but note this one is a rollercoaster (a good one) with many dips, turns and twirls. I was laughing out loud, scared out of my mind, and everything in between!

Fair warning - this book is not a standalone. You need to read the 2 previous books in this series. Also fair warning - you will become addicted to reading this series!

**Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by Dreamspinner Press for my reading pleasure, a review was not a requirement
.**

No comments:

Post a Comment