Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Release Day Review ~ Hex and Candy by Ashlyn Kane

Release Day Review ~ Hex and Candy by Ashlyn Kane

Title: Hex and Candy
Series: Strange Bedfellows

Author: Ashlyn Kane
Release Date: August 21, 2018
Category: Other; Paranormal: Vampire
Pages: 211


True love’s kiss can break the curse. But then what?

Cole Alpin runs a small-town candy store. He visits his grandmother twice a week. And sometimes he breaks curses.

Leo Ericson’s curse is obvious right away, spiderwebbing across his very nice body. Though something about it worries Cole, he agrees to help—with little idea of what he’s getting into.

Leo is a serial monogamist, but his vampire ex has taken dating off the table with his nasty spell, and Leo needs Cole’s companionship as much as his help. When the hex proves to be only the beginning of his problems, Leo seeks refuge at Cole’s place. Too bad magic prevents him from finding refuge in Cole’s arms.
Cole’s never had a boyfriend, so how can he recognize true love? And there’s still the matter of the one responsible for their troubles in the first place….



4 Stars

This was so good, and the fact that it is set around Witches and Vampires and other paranormal creepies and Halloween made it so much more fun. This type of book is exactly what I love sweet romance, no Insta-love (big points there), humor, and amusing meddling grandmothers.

Cole is so sweet (just like his candies) and I adore him. From his friendships to family, he has great relationships with all those around him and even those he isn’t as close to.

Leo is amusing and cute, his reactions to the knowledge that the paranormal is real had me laughing out loud several times. His interactions with the people he works with, as well as the people he slowly becomes friends with, are outgoing and sweet.

I love this town, it’s so cute and somewhere I would love to visit, the festivals and the shops and somewhere I could see myself settling down in and Cole and Leo are two people I would definitely love to have close friendships with. I also want to try some of Cole’s Candies (I love that concept as well its very original, at least to me it is one I’ve never come across it in any of the books I've read.)

*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by Dreamspinner Press for my reading pleasure, a review wasn't a requirement
. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment