Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Release Day Review: Twisted and Tied by Mary Calmes


Title: Twisted and Tied
Series: Marshals: Book Four
Author: Mary Calmes
Release Date: March 13, 2018
Category: Contemporary
Pages: TBD (Novel)


Dreamspinner Press


Deputy US Marshal Miro Jones finally has everything he ever wanted. He’s head-over-heels in love and married to the man of his dreams, his partner Ian Doyle, he’s doing well at work, and all his friends are in good places as well. Things are all tied up nicely… until they’re not.

Change has never been easy for Miro, and when situations at work force the team he’s come to depend on to break apart, and, worst of all, when his and Ian’s individual strengths put them on two separate paths, he’s pretty certain everything just went up in smoke. But before he can even worry about the future, his past comes for a visit, shaking his world up even more. It’s hard to tell what road he should truly be on, but as he learns some paths are forged and others are discovered, it might be that where he's going is the right course after all. If he can navigate all the twists and turns, he and Ian might just get their happily ever after.




4.5 Stars!

Oh, Miro and Ian, how I love you.

So, I was a little nervous at first because that blurb makes hints at some changes I wasn’t sure I’d be okay with. I don’t like change, especially when it comes to a couple I adore. But, thankfully, Mary Calmes does a wonderful job with the story and this great group of characters.

I love Miro’s character as always. He’s such an easy character to connect with. He’s funny and sincere, intelligent and strong and the love he has for Ian is amazing. I can’t help but laugh out loud when he is with his team, their banter is the best. But you can also tell how much he cares about every one of them and that makes him even more lovable.

Ian is, well, Ian. He can be frustrating as well as sweet. I absolutely love how we get to see how vulnerable he can be even though we know he’s supposed to be a badass. I seem to love him more and more as this series has progressed. And while some of the changes we see with his character may be a bit bittersweet, they flow well and make sense to the overall story and possible future of the series.

Overall, I loved Twisted and Tied. I love seeing Ian and Miro married. The team was great, funny and exciting. And last but not least, I love seeing Sam Kage. I can’t get enough of him. I definitely recommend this book and the series.

***Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by the author/publisher for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.***


No comments:

Post a Comment