Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Book Review: Rome and Jules by Tara Lain


Rome And Jules
by Tara Lain

Blurb:

Two werewolf households, both alike in dignity….

Rome Siracusa, youngest son of the alpha of the nouveau-riche Siracusa pack, wants to be a faithful son and pack member, but he’s got two big secrets. One, he’s blessed with enhanced hearing, vision, strength, and the ability to shift at will. Second, he’s gay, a fact he can’t admit to his deadly homophobic father.

Rome crashes a party at the mansion of his pack’s greatest enemy, the ancient, pure-blooded Havillands. Jules, the gay son of the drunkard alpha, is being married off to a rich entrepreneur. Smitten and moved by the beautiful male’s plight, Rome tries to find a way to save Jules—while digging himself deeper into pack politics and navigating his own arranged marriage. Secrets climb out of the caves as the werewolf gods speak through the mouths of their children, and the two great families clash, suffocating the hopes of star-crossed lovers.


Available for purchase at 



Don't forget to check out Tara Lain's Guest Post and enter the Giveaway here


4 Stars!

So with the whole star-crossed lovers' theme, I admit I expected a very romantic story. After all, this also happens to be a Shifter story which had me expected the whole fated mates thing. However, while it was entertaining, it wasn’t completely what I’d hoped. I really wanted passion and sexiness, drama and angst. I wanted a story that had me rooting for the characters.

There was a bunch of stuff going on in this story and it took a little to fully connect with it. There’s the drama of the homophobic father, the power Rome is trying to keep under wraps, a possible arranged marriage and the man who Rome loves who comes from his father’s nemesis. There’s definitely plenty of politics and intrigue done with a Tara Lain touch.

Would I recommend this story? Definitely to fans of Tara Lain. She just has this addictive type pull in most of her books. I find that sometimes when I’m in a particular mood and nothing else is working, I can pick up one of her books and get a happy little rush. She has an almost fairytale quality about her writing. I hope we will get more from this world she has created.

***Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by the author/publisher for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.***

1 comment: