Monday, April 3, 2017

Release Day Review ~ Loose Cannon by Sidney Bell



Blurb:

Don't miss this brand-new male/male romance series from Sidney Bell, author of Bad Judgment 

Released after five years in the system for assault, streetwise Edgar-Allen Church is ready to leave the past behind and finally look to his future. In need of a place to crash, he's leaning on Miller Quinn. A patient, solidly masculine pillar of strength and support, Miller has always been there for him—except in the one way Church has wanted the most.

With his staunchly conservative upbringing, Miller has been playing it straight his whole life. Now with Church so close again, it's getting harder to keep his denial intact. As they fumble their way back to friendship after so many years apart, Miller struggles to find the courage to accept who he really is. What he has with Church could be more than desire—it could be love. But it could also mean trouble.

Church's criminal connections are closing in on the both of them, and more than their hearts are at risk. This time, their very lives are on the line.





5 Stars

I adored this story. I absolutely LOVED Church. The author really managed to bring him to life right before my eyes. He felt so real, like I could reach out and touch him. I believed the words that came out of his mouth were his, like he truly told me his story.


I liked Miller, but he was frustrating and I wasn't sure what to think of him at first. I kind of wanted to slap some sense into him, but I could also empathize with why he kept his sexuality so deeply buried. He was so deep in the closet HE didn't believe he could be gay. In that respect Miller's acceptance of his sexuality seemed realistic.



I loved getting to know both Church and Miller. They were both complex and interesting characters. I loved watching as the layers were peeled away and they found themselves, as well as each other.

The mystery/suspense part of the story was exciting, angsty and intriguing. It kept me turning the pages and sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to see what would happen next.

The secondary characters added depth to the story and I'd love to get to know Ghost and Tobias much better. I think they have a story to tell. *hint hint nudge nudge*

This was an enjoyable read, packed with mystery, angst, excitement, friendship, family and love. This is my first book by this author, but I'll definitely be scoping out their past works on Goodreads and looking forward to more in the future. Highly recommended!!


*Copy provided to me by the author/publisher via NetGalley for my reading pleasure, a review wasn’t a requirement.*




No comments:

Post a Comment