Thursday, May 24, 2018

Book Review: The Guardian's Prize by Deja Black




What’s a merman to do when his mate doesn’t seem to want him? Go after him anyway? Life for this guardian will never be the same.

Blurb

Tetra Batair, grandson of Neptune himself and guardian of the god’s military forces, has arrived in Charleston, South Carolina for his mate. The only problem? His mate doesn’t want him. Now what’s a merman to do?

Aoki Tatsuo, an art teacher who’s half dragon and half human, doesn’t want to be anyone’s mate. Or, at least that’s what he’s telling himself.

When the two first meet the earth trembles…literally.

A merman and a dragon.

One will have to learn patience.

The other will have to learn there’s more than one way to love.

Can the two of them work through the obstacles in their past to find their perfect future?










4 Stars!

Merman 🧜‍♂️ yum! Dragon 🐉 yay!

So how could I ever pass up a story about a Merman who has come to the human world to finally get his Mate, a mate who happens to be a Dragon? I love Deja Black’s writing and I was pretty sure I’d love Guardian Prize. I found the story entertaining and sweet. There’s not much drama and angst which is actually a plus with a story this short. 

Aoki turned out differently that I originally suspected and it was quite a surprise. Batair too, to be honest. I loved his confidence and strength from the very first glimpse of him. He was basically larger than life. I really wanted to see more of him when the book was over. The men had great chemistry and it made them all the more enjoyable.

Overall, if you enjoy this type of story, I’d most certainly recommend The Guardians Prize. As I said before, I love Deja Black's writing and will definitely be on the lookout for her next book.

*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure, a review wasn't a requirement. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment