Friday, February 24, 2017

Book Review ~ Closet Case by K.M.Neuhold



´*•.¸(*•.¸¸.•*´)¸.•*´Book Review´*•.¸(*•.¸¸.•*´)¸.•*´
Closet Case by K.M.Neuhold

Closets are for shoes, not people

Don’t miss this sweet, sexy, hilarious M/M romance

$2.99 or FREE WITH KINDLE UNLIMITED
Universal buy link: http://mybook.to/ClosetCase




Synopsis:

Jax
That awkward moment when you accidentally fool around with a closet case. I have a strict policy against dating closeted guys. Confused straight guys? Absolutely. Guys who don’t mind being out and proud? Duh. But closet cases are a hard pass. Been there, done that, have the t-shirt with a giant picture of a broken heart on it. It would be a lot easier to stick to my dating rule if Matthew Hart could be slightly less irresistible.


Matthew
Being a closeted gay college football player is not all it’s cracked up to be. After I broke my high school boyfriend’s heart by refusing to come out of the closet, I swore off serious dating. I don’t want to hurt anyone like that again, and I’ll admit I’m protecting my own heart in the process, too. It was a lot easier to stick to my no dating rule before I laid eyes on Jax Greene. He’s exactly my type in every possible way. If there’s even the slightest chance that history won’t repeat itself, I want to see where things might lead. Convincing Jax to give me a chance though might be the toughest play I’ve ever made.


**This book is the first M/M installment of the Sexy Nerd Boys series, but can be read as a stand-alone. Recommended for 18+ due to language and all kinds of hot sex


Stalk the author:
FB: https://www.facebook.com/awellwrittenwoman/?ref=bookmarks
Reader group:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1089143827834580/
Twitter: @KMNeuhold
IG: @KMNeuhold

4 Stars

This was an enjoyable, but somewhat angsty read. Jax is out and proud and I absolutely adored that he was so comfortable in his own skin. His use of substitute curse words were just as funny, adorkable and quirky as the man himself. Matt was a conundrum. He was in the closet, but to a degree he was somewhat open and comfortable with himself. There were times I wanted to slap some sense into him, but as we get to know him and his background, you can see his fears that keep him closeted are valid. There was one point during the story that my heart just broke for him and I wanted cuddle him.

The story is well-written and has likable characters that you can root for. Matt and Jax had an amazing chemistry and were smoking hot together. My only complaint might be that, while this can be read as a standalone, the previous couples have a huge presence in the story, so I felt lost at times trying to keep all the previous characters and their bf's straight.

All in all, a pleasant, sweet, funny, sexy read with just a bit of heartbreak. Recommendable!!

*Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure, a review wasn’t a requirement.*







No comments:

Post a Comment