Friday, October 20, 2017

Release Day Review: Bountiful by Sarina Bowen



No last names. No life stories. Those were the rules.

Once upon a time a cocky, copper-haired tourist sauntered into Zara’s bar. And even though she knew better, Zara indulged in a cure for the small-town blues. It was supposed to be an uncomplicated fling—a few sizzling weeks before he went back to his life, and she moved on. 

Until an accidental pregnancy changed her life. 

Two years later, she’s made peace with the notion that Dave No-Last-Name will never be found. Until one summer day when he walks into her coffee shop, leveling her with the same hot smile that always renders her defenseless.

Dave Beringer has never forgotten the intense month he spent with prickly Zara. Their nights together were the first true intimacy he’d ever experienced. But the discovery of his child is the shock of a lifetime, and his ugly past puts relationships and family out of reach.

Or does it? Vermont’s countryside has a way of nurturing even tortured souls. The fields and the orchards—and hard won love—are Bountiful.







5 Stars!!!


Bountiful is sort of a crossover between The True North and The Brooklyn Bruisers series. It can be read as a standalone, but truly, both series are amazing and you'll be missing out if you don't read them.

Zara Rossi only wanted a fling, something that will distract her from the mess that was her love life or lack thereof, so meeting Dave, who was in town for the summer, was perfect, especially considering the sparks that flew everytime they met. It was supposed to be uncomplicated, until he left and a few weeks later she discovered she was pregnant.

Fast forward to two years later and Dave is back in Vermont and while he hasn't forgotten Zara, the last thing he expects is to learn he's become a father, which is something he never thought possible considering his own horrible childhood. Soon, he'll have to decide if he's ready to be a part of Zara and Nicole's life.

So, I seldom read MF any longer, mostly because I get fed up at the female leads. They're usually whiny and get on my nerves. However, Sarina Bowen is one of my favorite authors and MF or MM, I know she'll deliver a book that will tug at my heartstrings and that I'll love. Fortunately, she is also brilliant at writing kickass female leads that I can root for and not want to strangle.

I loved Zara, she tried to put up a tough front but she had a heart of gold and it was amazing to see how much she matured from when the book starts to when we meet her later as Nicole's mom. At first, she was hurt after Griff broke up with her and she didn't want anything more than a hookup, although Dave convinced her to keep seeing him for the duration of his stay in Vermont. Then, she was Mother Earth personified, juggling her work as co-owner of a coffee shop and being Nicole's mother and she was so real and sweet and good with her. I adored that she put Nicole's wellbeing over everything else. Now, Dave, well, he was amazing, sort of broken by his awful childhood, but still a great man and brother, loyal and nice and oh my god, he could make me swoon right along with Zara when he set up to seduce her. They had amazing chemistry and I feared my kindle was going to catch fire at some point. However, what I loved above all, what seeing Dave fall in love with Nicole and learn to be her father. It was adorable!

I loved catching up with Griff and Audrey and their families and with the Brooklyn Bruisers guys', especially Levi and Castro. I really liked Dave's sister and Zara's brother, Benito. And I truly hope Ms. Bowen will write Kieran and Roderick's story at some point. I'm not above begging. ;) Pretty please?

The ending felt a bit rushed, but everything was resolved at that point, so it was more me wanting more than anything else, but it was still amazing and very satisfying. Bountiful was all I could have wished for, sweet, romantic, fun, angsty, sexy and just fantastic overall! Highly recommendable!

*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure, a review wasn't a requirement. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment